Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean two of them five aren’t here any more but regardless I hear what you’re saying .

In all fairness we’ve heard this before haven’t we about every manager , how they’re going to change things and i accept things need changing . The difference is This bloke does seem to have a large number of cheerleaders in here carrying his water. Talk is cheap , players talk a good game and issue rallying cries here every five minutes . If it’s going to be more than that then sound let’s see him do it , the proof of the pudding and all that .
There's more players than that who have gone and more who are still here...... Pointers...., players who occupy a space on the pitch in order not to receive a ball, players who jog not sprint, nice boys who say nice things but won't get their shorts dirty.

Rafael took on the Chelsea players and won in my opinion. Delivered a trophy despite them doing their best to be rigid cos lovely cuddly Di Matteo was sacked.

In my opinion he's been bought in as a wrecking ball, not in the way Moyes went to man United and wrecked them ....... But im the way that a person goes into an underperforming business and makes unpopular decisions and creates a winning culture through discipline.

There will be a few players who a quickly weeded out. Some probably names we wouldn't suspect. He will pick on players who thought they were doing a good job ....

Theres been a lot of talk here and by himself how he doesnt suffer fools gladly, not afraid to ruffle a few feathers, and will do what it take to win.

Fortunately all of those are fairly easily to measure, and of course none of them will actually occur which will mean it shouldnt take to long for him to be shown the door.

The first pictures we have are him having a joke with Dunc and Sigurdsson ffs.
Ah no!!! Seriously? You mean there isn't a photo of him pointing a finger in Gylfis face and telling him he's a waste of space?

I'm out... Get Eddie Howe in.

There's more players than that who have gone and more who are still here...... Pointers...., players who occupy a space on the pitch in order not to receive a ball, players who jog not sprint, nice boys who say nice things but won't get their shorts dirty.

Rafael took on the Chelsea players and won in my opinion. Delivered a trophy despite them doing their best to be rigid cos lovely cuddly Di Matteo was sacked.

In my opinion he's been bought in as a wrecking ball, not in the way Moyes went to man United and wrecked them ....... But im the way that a person goes into an underperforming business and makes unpopular decisions and creates a winning culture through discipline.

There will be a few players who a quickly weeded out. Some probably names we wouldn't suspect. He will pick on players who thought they were doing a good job ....

Just a question though, if Ancelotti- a far more decorated, successful and high calibre manager couldn't build a winning culture, what chance has old Beneathus got?

Just a question though, if Ancelotti- a far more decorated, successful and high calibre manager couldn't build a winning culture, what chance has old Beneathus got?

Horses for courses. Ancelotti's friendly style was never going to work here. He couldn't deal with Richarlison, and pandered to his demand to play upfront, leading to a formation change that did noboday any favours including Richarlison himself.

Benitez is unlikely to play two upfront, and if he does, it won't be because Richarlison told him to.

We are in the right Kev and will be vindicated in the fullness of time

I'm really not sure where this idea Benitez is going to structurally change the club is coming from. There are manager who do that. To a degree Moyes did that. Ralf Rangnick does this. He involves himself in every fibre of the club.

Benitez on the other hand is one of the most singular and tunnel visioned managers out there. He wants lots of money to spend, on whatever players he deems will help him over the next 12-18 months. There's very little thought beyond that, very little thought of what happens if a cub can't afford it, or is a club ends up bankrupt as nearly happened to Liverpool. The idea he is going to resolve the contradictions that exist just isn't the the case at all, he will widen them.

He has also not built a winning culture anywhere. At Valencia he inherited a team that had got to the CL final and won a league with 76 points. The culture was already there. At Liverpool he won 2 trophies, 1 fortunately on penalty kicks and one in extra time. Houllier had won more and put the winning culture in.At Chelsea he came into a side that had already won multiple leagues (which he failed to do). At Napoli he came into a side that came 2nd, he left them in 5th. At Inter and Madrid he came into elite teams, champions of their own countries and Europe and flopped in both jobs. The only club he managed who didn't previously have a winning culture was Newcastle, he took them down, rectified his mistake with promotion before getting the same points and position as Steve Bruce. So unless Steve Bruce has put in a winning culture, Benitez hasn't either.

None of the above means he can't be successful here, or move us forward. But notions that he is going to make the squad winners is completely fanciful.

I'll tell you 1 other thing, if he tries to read the riot act to players and "take no messing" he will get Ronald Koemaned by the players straight away. If that's his plan, the players are going to know pretty much everyone hates the fella as he's a pretty loathsome individual with very little going for him, and they will just smell that and throw him under the bus. So if that's his plan, he needs to get a new one quite quickly.

Horses for courses. Ancelotti's friendly style was never going to work here. He couldn't deal with Richarlison, and pandered to his demand to play upfront, leading to a formation change that did noboday any favours including Richarlison himself.

Benitez is unlikely to play two upfront, and if he does, it won't be because Richarlison told him to.

Fair enough. But it doesn't really answer the question does it? If an actual winner of a manager couldn't do it, I doubt Benitez will be able to.

We are currently 8th in the League due to alphabetical order.
I would be very surprised in RaFail Beneathus will get us any higher than that when next years points are taken into consideration.

PositionClubPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPoints
1Arsenal00000000
2Aston Villa00000000
3Brentford00000000
4Brighton and Hove Albion00000000
5Burnley00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000

We shall be worse off than if we hadn't played at all. Think about that.

more like Sig has warned him to back off the lads this morning.
Benitez is backed up by an Uzbek warlord. Can you imagine goldilocks Tom Davies facing that force down - he'll be on his skateboard doing 90 miles an hour if Uzzy turns up in Halewood.

The programme is to put the absolute fear of God into these wasters at FF and get results on the pitch at Goodison.
That's like the fools that go on Bargain Hunt and say I'm going to buy cheap and sell for a massive profit.

I can defo see Fabian Delph crapping himself and performing well because of a threat from Benny the Ball.

Old style managerial man management by the likes of Clough , Ferguson etc just doesn't work with today's pampered millionaire players.

Status
Not open for further replies.