New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like semantics mate, how's it any different if it's a death threat or a threat of violence?

Well being dead and not being dead are a pretty big difference.

I think you are missing the point I am making here anyway. Its a bad enough situation as it is without our own fans throwing in scenarios that are not actually there.

It's like some of us actually want there to be a death threat as it strengthens their rage. It's really weird. the truth is important with things like this.

This threatening banner is down right pathetic and cringy. Whoever put it there should be ashamed. Its football, no need to make veiled threats towards him or his family. Noone wants him here, but how about we act adult about it and cry to each other online insted of hinting at violence.

Just looking at this.

It's appalling, thuggish behaviour.

It's an implied threat and clearly intimidatory.

Whomever is responsible for that "banner" should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
This I can absolutely get behind!

The person should be ashamed. Damned right they should be.

Wouldn’t want to go to war with Dave would you?
One of the enemy grazes their knee and he’d be over there with the sticking plasters, wanting to surrender and apologise immediately for our unruly behaviour.

If the war entailed us turning our spines to jelly and then throwing paper cranes at each other (and then apologising of course) then I am right behind Field Marshall @davek

For now I must alas continue to say no to the fat sweaty Kopite Benitez, knowing we've been here before with Allardyce. UP THE BISTO BLUES! GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

Six months later the football was crap, he'd brought in Sammy Lee, spent his time antagonising the fan base and was promptly sacked.

So not a death threat then?

Thanks for the clarification.

A threat of violence is really bad as it is, we don't need to over egg it any more than that. We should only be interested in the facts.
Itls a potential death threat.

Stop trying to minimize the imprtance of this.

People can oppose Benitez 100% without resorting to that Kopite cultism. Itls about as far away from being an Evertonian as there can be.

The worst thing about this whole episode is that it can help blur the lines between us and them.

By the way, I know loads of you are pretending like this is "just a few idiots", but I'll be honest - it's just the most blatant example of the behaviour towards this that I've seen on here and beyond since the rumours began. The only difference is those behind the banner are missing a load more brain cells than most.

All of this vitriol just because he managed another team you don't like and said some mean things once upon a time.

Everton is a business, they will hire the man they believe can get the best out of assets the business owns to achieve a positive business result. You can disagree, but the pure venom over this is unfathomable and, frankly, what I'd expect from Liverpool fans.

Loads of you need to get a grip. If he does get the job, for him to take it in the face of thousands of rampant bedwetters is admirable. I hope he succeeds, not just because it's Everton, but to shut you crybaby turds up.

By the way, I know loads of you are pretending like this is "just a few idiots", but I'll be honest - it's just the most blatant example of the behaviour towards this that I've seen on here and beyond since the rumours began. The only difference is those behind the banner are missing a load more brain cells than most.

All of this vitriol just because he managed another team you don't like and said some mean things once upon a time.

Everton is a business, they will hire the man they believe can get the best out of assets the business owns to achieve a positive business result. You can disagree, but the pure venom over this is unfathomable and, frankly, what I'd expect from Liverpool fans.

Loads of you need to get a grip. If he does get the job, for him to take it in the face of thousands of rampant bedwetters is admirable. I hope he succeeds, not just because it's Everton, but to shut you crybaby turds up.

Didn't read a single word of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.