New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really? Ancelotti signed 2 players he had coached before, including James who he had at two clubs before us. Maybe Brands agreed that signing them was a good opportunity but I don't believe that either James or Allan fit the profile of signing that Brands has previously talked about (young, high transfer fee, relatively low wage).

….sorry, I think the inference was that they were Moshiri signings. I’m sure transfers are identified by the Manager.

Really? Ancelotti signed 2 players he had coached before, including James who he had at two clubs before us. Maybe Brands agreed that signing them was a good opportunity but I don't believe that either James or Allan fit the profile of signing that Brands has previously talked about (young, high transfer fee, relatively low wage).
Almost every manager has brought in a player or two from old club, Brands should be screening these players to am overall theme, letting every manager that walks in bring their old players is how we ended up with a Frankenstein of a team.

Think Carlo got a free pass tbh, because he's Carlo and Allan and James would never have come otherwise

Is it me or does the manager market seem particularly poor this time around- if I were making the decision I’d have gone for potter but if the papers are to be believed he would have cost £15-20m and is apparently waiting for a “top 4” club.

After he had turned me down I’d have been struggling- fairly confident the likes of conte wouldn’t come. Carlo knackered us!

I just don't understand the appointment of Benitez if it is not to chase instant success (I think it's an odd appointment for that too, tbh). If, as you propose, we want someone to build consistency and foundations why choose such a controversial and polarising character, it isn't the best start to achieving those goals. This is particularly puzzling when it's the type of job he has never done anywhere before, unless you count Newcastle and surely we're not in that bad a situation. As others have pointed out, we were a couple of home wins away from European qualification this year yet some posters want to act like we were verging on relegation. None of this makes any sense to me.

Well thats where it does and doesn't make sense.

What makes sense to me is that I do believe that Rafael will have feel he has something to prove because from my point of view is that there's easier jobs he could take or not take that wouldn't be anywhere near as hostile as this one. So personally I think he's got intentions to perform cos why else go for it this hard? (I don't buy the "he's gonna scam us" shout).

The thing that doesn't make sense is his skillset to build a foundation. His past record isn't great for a while but then again neither was someone like Moyes who was awful since he left us (and who people would gladly have back).

Absolutely, we were a win or two away from achieving our goal last season. So the idea could be that Rafael tries to continue what Carlo did - Brands will have the same targets, same ideas - and Rafael could agree that's what he will do whilst also adding what he feels would work. They have similar traits him and Carlo (pragmatic, able to deal with players, man management) so it's not out of the realms that he fits what the board want where as all the other candidates would want to put their own stamp on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.