New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have you said they MUST be forcing him on any manager Do you know this for a fact

Carlo actively wanted to appoint DF? Okay then.

Rafael is pushing for Duncan to be on his staff is he?

As I have said once, THIS IS A FOOTBALL FORUM where opinions are shared. An opinion isnt a fact.

United fans may have once said that about OGS, and yet...
Oh, I don't for a moment think Duncan would make a great Everton manager - or anyone's manager, to be frank, any more than Solskjaer would. OGS is one of the main reasons why United are nowhere near contending for the title or the CL. Not up to it - and a useful "sentimental" appointment for a board who are more interested in taking what they can out of that club than winning titles. In some ways, Duncan staying at Everton allows him to keep a veneer of plausibility with some fans - when leaving would almost certainly expose him as another failed manager. Management's a tough game. Duncan might be a lot smarter than people think.

True. But is Duncan happy being Benitez's mudguard? If he were truly ambitious, he'd be planning to make Benitez's job as difficult as possible by branching out himself to a Championship or League One club, proving himself there and becoming the anointed one when Rafael gets the door.

Right now, staying as number two suits Rafael, the club, and...Duncan Ferguson - if Duncan is actually "settled" and has decided that this is what he is: a useful side-kick.
Totally agree if Duncan is happy being a glorified cone layer that in itself is a problem ,I cannot seeing him being someone benitez will turn to he will have his trusted aide by his side

No because you are.making assumptions for which you have no base knowledge

We all are.

It is a football forum for opinions. Unless Marcel Brands wants to sign up and put us all straight, we are all basing our opinions on assumptions, media reports and whatever is visible at the club from the outside.

If you think Carlo, and now Rafael are actively wanting Ferguson on their staff, then fair play to you.

I personally think that's nonsense and that the club are pushing him on.

Why is Ferguson going to be assistant?

The club MUST be forcing this on whoever comes in.

Also if we're going to have an ex-red in, I'd genuinely prefer Gerrard. He's a winner and will be a top manager one day.

Good one mate, you'd appoint someone who would walk out at the drop of a hat if Liverpool came calling

Status
Not open for further replies.