New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an Evertonian since as long as I can remember, my earliest memory being my brother (a red Manc) taking me to see Blues playing what was then an annual friendly against Shamrock Rovers at Milltown - c 1969.

I have cried when Alan Ball, my hero, was sold. I have squirmed at the dire 70s, the cheating of the 77 FAC SF, the flukey Lampard winner in 1980 SF, the cushion showers of the early 80s, the graffiti Kendall out, rejoiced from January 1984 until 1987 at the performances, seethed with anger at missing out on Europe because of that lot, thrilled with 1995, and since then I have aged like the rest of us by 26 years without seeing a single trophy.

When I heard about Benitez, I cringed. As the weeks have dragged on, and there seems to be no one else coming out of the woodwork, I am reluctantly becoming resigned to the likely reality.

If it is him, I don't envy his task in not just getting the team playing well, signing excellent committed players who are not like some of the current jelly babies, but above all in persuading the supporters that he is really committed to this magnificent, historic Football League founder-member Club. Maybe when he gets to understand our rich heritage and history, he might even retract what he said in the past.

I don't give a toss what the RS think or say, although there is some degree of schadenfreude in knowing how they are sickened.

TBH, I just want this ended quickly, I want to move on.

Not many saying it, but Ancelotti's abandonment of the Club and fans after all his sweet talk a couple of months ago sickened me much more than Benitez's childish "small club" rant. That stupid remark did not hurt Everton FC. Ancelotti's greedy action has seriously damaged us.

Anyway, This 56 year old has a graduation ceremony (online) to look forward to later today. Last degree was 1989, but I thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 years - great distraction from turmoil on the pitch and at work!!

Keep the Faith Blues!
Congratulations of your degree bud :)

Congratulations of your degree bud :)

Cheers mate. Not for work or career.

I have always had an interest in Theology, and I have completed a BA (Hons). I am starting an M.A. in the Autumn.

Yup, not your mainstream bloke am I !!

I firmly believe in the admonition: "Enter by the narrow gate". Probably one of the reasons I remain an Evertonian despite all the Mancs and RS around me! :D

Inappropriate Language
The one thing that is keeping me slightly sane in thinking Benitez is taking over us, is this.....

The guy, especially living locally must know the absolute [Poor language removed] storm he is going to be walking into yet by all accounts is still prepared to do it. That, at least takes some balls. For that reason kicking out some of the absolute cart horses we have in the squad, shouldn't then bother him at all.

Small mercies and all that

Cheers mate. Not for work or career.

I have always had an interest in Theology, and I have completed a BA (Hons). I am starting an M.A. in the Autumn.

Yup, not your mainstream bloke am I !!

I firmly believe in the admonition: "Enter by the narrow gate". Probably one of the reasons I remain an Evertonian despite all the Mancs and RS around me! :D
Love your enemy is another apt one in these times!

IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!

I keep telling myself it’s just a smokescreen.

Problem is Moshiri has repeatedly demonstrated poor judgement & a lack of ability to step away when it’s obvious he should.

He chased Koeman when he really didn’t want to come. Anyone with sense would have walked away, but no, he paid him a ransom & Southampton too..

We were taken to the cleaners on Williams, Sigurdsen, Bolasie, paying 3 times their value for over the hill dross. Anyone with sense would have walked away.

Allardyce….

He pursued Silva when everyone could see he‘d been found out.

Benitez would be the final straw for me.

………and breathe…

IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!
IT’S JUST A SMOKESCREEN!

Trying to see why 'everyone' is so anti. Still haven't worked out why. Seems pretty innocuous.
Would all Spurs fans be content or even happy with appointing an ex-Gunners manager and one who openly made critical comments about Spurs?

More so, when they're a manager who hasn't performed well as of late. That's the crux of it for most fans even if I'm personally more open to it than others.

However, I do believe it is more complicated than that: there's still many concerns about Moshiri; Carlo moving away has caused a lot of concerns too.

I am an Evertonian since as long as I can remember, my earliest memory being my brother (a red Manc) taking me to see Blues playing what was then an annual friendly against Shamrock Rovers at Milltown - c 1969.

I have cried when Alan Ball, my hero, was sold. I have squirmed at the dire 70s, the cheating of the 77 FAC SF, the flukey Lampard winner in 1980 SF, the cushion showers of the early 80s, the graffiti Kendall out, rejoiced from January 1984 until 1987 at the performances, seethed with anger at missing out on Europe because of that lot, thrilled with 1995, and since then I have aged like the rest of us by 26 years without seeing a single trophy.

When I heard about Benitez, I cringed. As the weeks have dragged on, and there seems to be no one else coming out of the woodwork, I am reluctantly becoming resigned to the likely reality.

If it is him, I don't envy his task in not just getting the team playing well, signing excellent committed players who are not like some of the current jelly babies, but above all in persuading the supporters that he is really committed to this magnificent, historic Football League founder-member Club. Maybe when he gets to understand our rich heritage and history, he might even retract what he said in the past.

I don't give a toss what the RS think or say, although there is some degree of schadenfreude in knowing how they are sickened.

TBH, I just want this ended quickly, I want to move on.

Not many saying it, but Ancelotti's abandonment of the Club and fans after all his sweet talk a couple of months ago sickened me much more than Benitez's childish "small club" rant. That stupid remark did not hurt Everton FC. Ancelotti's greedy action has seriously damaged us.

Anyway, This 56 year old has a graduation ceremony (online) to look forward to later today. Last degree was 1989, but I thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 years - great distraction from turmoil on the pitch and at work!!

Keep the Faith Blues!
Great Post.
I totally agree with the Ancelotti bit, he has done more damage to this club and taken the fans and players for mugs.

We are in need of a massive overhaul, I just want them to get on with it and who ever takes us on has a big job to do so if Benitez thinks he can do it then fair play to him.

Also if Usmanov is putting Benitez name forward he is going to get more involved in the coming months, which will include his money so it is a yes from me lets buy the league as I cba this messing about anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.