New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see no logical reason to not announce FSW if we have actually appointed him.
It’s in the clubs interest to get the manager in place as soon as possible , there is absolutely nothing tangible to be gained by deferring it , there’s going to be a backlash whenever they announce it.
The quarantine reason is laughable, all based on an uncorroborated rumour of a secret assignation onboard a luxury yacht off Sardinia. How did he get there unnoticed? Did he embark on a high powered Russian sub in the Mersey estuary ,by Moonlight?
He could have just used Zoom.
In case every day he remains unsigned and unannounced gives me hope we will get a proper manager.
Hope springs eternal, until it’s dashed of course.
Unless Jim White has advised Moshiri to announce Benitez during the England-Germany game.

Earlier in his career, he favoured a 4-2-3-1 with a back four that sat, a double pivot who sat in front of the back four. In the three he would have 1 winger, 1 holding wide player and a 10. Then he would have a target man upfront.

A pretty negative formation that led to defend with seven attack with three comments from Keys.

As usually happens as coaches get older, they become more cautious. He now prefers a 5-4-1 with a defensive 3 that sits with the full backs pushing on. A double pivot in front of the back four and two narrow wide players with a target man upfront.

To sum him up, make yourself hard to beat and hope to get something from a counter.
Can’t believe some posters on here thought you were a Kopite you know ?

Have they really exploited him? I mean I'm not sure he's a victim in all this.
Exploited him in terms of using him post-sale of his shares to vouch for their authenticity in the media and with fans. BK has smootheed the transition for them - he thought he had influence still when it's obvious he's a flag of convenience.

If the role of a manager is to get under the skin of your opponents, the fact that there are hordes of Everton fans still upset at being called a small club in 2007 (fifteen years ago) shows that in that respect at least, he's good at what he does.
Isn’t that the role of like a boxing promoter or something? Definitely, not the role of a football manager, his job is to win matches, acting with class should go without saying.

I'd prefer some eggnog
Nah… he’s rubbish!
EF1EC97A-0136-430F-8FB8-BD04F889E639.jpeg

You are correct, it isn't easy. The easy thing to do is to play it safe and keep appointing dinosaurs like Allardcyce, Ancelotti and Benitez. Safe mid-table mediocrity. Turgid percentage football based on we keep what we have and HOPE to sneak a goal.

Ancelotti didn't get rid of the deadwood. He continued playing the older experienced players who have let us down and brought in the next lot of deadwood, the likes of James, Allan and Doucoure. We need to be signing far fewer players who treat Everton as a pay day and more hungry young talents like Godfrey.

That sums Everton up, a club that goes for old experienced managers and old experienced players.

We need to break the cycle. Benitez isn't the answer, he is just another past his best safety first manager who fills his team with safe, experienced journeymen.

What cycle? Big Sam was a stop gap and a panic over relegation. Carlo was the main man to do something but got poached. Most clubs in European football would want him as manager.

So you're talking mainly Carlo as a dinosaur. The squad damage had already been done by Koeman and Silva, two completely polar opposite managers.

It's short-termism thats killing us more than anything

Your final para is absolutely spot on.

I think Galtier would have been perfect but either Everton didn't go in strong enough or he wanted to stay in France.

I'm struggling to think who else fits the criterea.
Lampard?

I can see no logical reason to not announce FSW if we have actually appointed him.
It’s in the clubs interest to get the manager in place as soon as possible , there is absolutely nothing tangible to be gained by deferring it , there’s going to be a backlash whenever they announce it.
The quarantine reason is laughable, all based on an uncorroborated rumour of a secret assignation onboard a luxury yacht off Sardinia. How did he get there unnoticed? Did he embark on a high powered Russian sub in the Mersey estuary ,by Moonlight?
He could have just used Zoom.
In any case every day he remains unsigned and unannounced gives me hope we will get a proper manager.
Hope springs eternal, until it’s dashed of course.
Flight tracker is so last year

1624640766198.png

'sake.

Now that is a small club mentality.

i’m not saying I agree or even condone it but I certainly understand it . If it comes to pass This might not prove to be the worst decision in the club’s history but it’s certainly the most divisive and this is why I said the other day that it’ll almost certainly end up being toxic with violence in the stands .

Your response is perfectly natural but someone who goes the game responding in a similar manner to someone kicking off in some huge anti-Benitez rant is going to end up in a kick off especially once you factor in the match day beers . It’s certainly happened before and other than a fantastic start and run I can’t any other way it doesn’t happen again .

Status
Not open for further replies.