2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I wasn't digging you out mate just pointing out to the other guy that most of the forum said no such thing lol

To be fair mate, I deserve to be digged out and I am always happy to stand behind my statements, whether I get them right or wrong. And you are right, even at the time, most people disagreed with me. It wasn't the entire forum.

Even I disagree with me. Kane had the season of his life, and I thought he would decline more than he did. But aside from pens, he didn't actually score that many more goals than DCL in domestic comps.

Bar the goal against Spurs, Vardy would have scored every goal this season that Dom has scored. Plus he doesn’t miss half of the chances Dom missed either.

Vardy is levels above DCL. But most on this forum thought DCL was better than Kane a few months ago. Madness.
Prove it. Vardy missed more big chances, had worse shooting accuracy, worse shooting success, had better players behind him, scored 9 goals less from open play. I would argue that vardy would more likely have missed some of the chances that DCL put away from looking at the stats.

Also prove that "most" on this forum thought DCL was better than Kane. He was certainly in a better run of form, and was being tipped to outscore kane, but that doesn't mean everyone thought he is better though.

DCL Fanboys are all out today. Never seen so much blind man love for such an average football player
Not really a fan boy, just don't understand peoples vitriol towards him. Can't understand your agenda really, you constantly want to sell one of the best strikers we have had (goalwise) in the premier league era because you have some odd issue with him. Since 1991 only lukaku has beaten his goal record of 21 in all comps. And since 1996, only lukaku has beaten his PL total for us.

And he is improving year on year. Not sure who else you think we could get that would be scoring more for us with the football we have been playing.

Bar the goal against Spurs, Vardy would have scored every goal this season that Dom has scored. Plus he doesn’t miss half of the chances Dom missed either.

Vardy is levels above DCL. But most on this forum thought DCL was better than Kane a few months ago. Madness.
This is utter rubbish on pretty much every level. Not sure anyone suggested DCL was better than Kane either.

Chances missed, big chances missed, take his penalties out (still think DCL should be given penalty duties next season) and Vardy performed below DCL last season. In any case, they are different types of players with different strengths.

The lad has steadfastly improved year on year to point that he’s hit double figures 2 seasons on the bounce and become a senior international.
Exactly.

There are areas to work on but he had a really good season overall.

The service dropped off after Christmas, otherwise I’m sure he would have scored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.