New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this opinion also mate, but seen this video which has changed my opinion slightly. It’s only highlights of course, but seems to show a lot more personality in this video than any of our previous managers since Moyes. Not saying I want him anymore than before off the back of it but just took me by surprise.

Let's have it right.
If he was our manager doing all that and having results along the way we'd be utterly delighted.
Its very reminiscent of Klopp.

One thing I note about him is he always celebrates goals with his coaching team, as a collective.

If he comes in he may hopefully rip up the old boys who currently sit on our coaching team and instill some freshness.

These left wolves with Nuno
  • Rui Pedro Silva (assistant)
  • Ian Cathro (first-team coach)
  • Julio Figueroa (first-team coach)
  • Rui Barbosa (goalkeeper coach)
  • Antonio Dias (fitness coach)
  • Joao Lapa (rehab coach)

For anyone who doesnt know him...google that Ian Cathro.

He was interviewed a fair bit about all these new revolutionary things he was doing and the media kept praising him.

Flopped.

Evertonians are crying out for a bit of personality. We all loved Big Dunc on the touchline throwing ball boys in the air.

We need/want our version of Klopp - a Simeone/Conte type mentalist who the fans feel like they can relate to the manager on the pitch.

This fella just feels like Silva in that quiet, no charisma, no personality type appointment.

Seems an ok manager just not the type I think the club needs right now.
I don't think he's the best manager out there, nor would he be my choice, nor does he have the most ebullient personality, but I think this whole dull, dour image people are painting of him is wrong.

I remember lots of games where he was going mental, sprinting up and down the touchline, joiningnin with team celebrations, geeing fans up, riling up the opposition (Warnock haha!).

Just think he doesn't really like press conferences. Always seemed to come across well to me when he was actually communicating/interacting with their fans.

Can’t wait for a team that sprints the least and doesn’t press. Should be a 1 way ticket to the championship

That's one of the big concerns for me tbh - I saw those stats where wolves were outrun and outpressed by every other team, including Carlos slugs.

Was it just last season with wolves and Nuno, due to the injuries, or have they been at the bottom of those stats for a while? I'm trying to interweb it now.

I'm hoping it's just due to injuries, as I'm sure that wolves looked fitter and faster than us before last season.

If it is due to the injuries though that's another issue, as he's going to have the same problem with our squad of cripples, cowards and dossers.

I holidayed in Vanuatu back in the late 90s. A mate was building a bridge on the island of Espiritu Santo (see below). The new Everton manager probably holidayed there too...and liked it so much he renamed himself after it.
1623713154378.png

I got a lot of stick for saying Nuno would have us pressing more and fitter. Bear in mind his Wolves team was I jury stricken this year so their ground covered and sprinting stats aren't reflective of his first few years. He played a more defensive system out of necessity.
Dont understand that statement. What is highlighted is that his Wolves-team is the second lowest pressing team in Europe! Behind only Newcastle!

How I fear the home games against Brentford and Palace next year - hope Im wrong though
( https://www.skysports.com/football/...rt-under-nuno-espirito-santo-is-down-to-style )

Wolves rarely press the ball.

They hardly ever turn the ball over within 40 metres of the opposition goal and allow more passes before making a defensive action than almost any other team. They take longer than any other top-half team to win the ball back. Instead, Wolves just drop back into their defensive shape.

It is this approach that has left them well placed to cope with the new normal.

Other teams have been compromised by the summer heat, the fitness of their players, and the demanding schedule - all of which makes a pressing game more challenging.

The advantage for Wolves is twofold. Out of possession, they can continue to play their own game without too much difficulty. In possession, everything has become that little bit easier because teams who rely on closing them down are not doing so quite as quickly as before.

All three wins since the restart have seen Wolves dominate possession. That is rare. They won only three matches while dominating possession in the 28 games prior to lockdown and two of those were against opponents who'd had a man sent off in the first half.

Wolves' patience has been a feature of their three victories so far. Opponents in the relegation mix proved a challenge last season as they beat none of the bottom seven sides away from home and even last placed Huddersfield did the double over them. It all looks a lot easier now.

--------------------------------

In sum, I think he knows what hes doing, but VERY unsure if he is able to translate this into "school of science" or just home-wins against relegation fodder.

Not worried about his abilities to make teams competetive, but how long will he last? And what fit? And how does his philosophy match Brands and the club? And the supporters? Where is the long-term vision and strategy?
Such a mess :(

Can’t wait for a team that sprints the least and doesn’t press. Should be a 1 way ticket to the championship
Did u see us since Christmas?

We have been perfecting it for a while.
I holidayed in Vanuatu back in the late 90s. A mate was building a bridge on the island of Espiritu Santo (see below). The new Everton manager probably holidayed there too...and liked it so much he renamed himself after it.
View attachment 130604
I see Lady Boy was out there too. And the ghost of a great english keeper.

Bloody twilight zone, that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.