New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would wonder if a different manager, a different tactic would get more out of some of our players than Carlo did?

More a general point rather than anything specific.

He certainly seemed to have opinions about what he wanted from certain players and maybe they suffered from that.

It will be interesting to see what plans the new manager will have for players like Gomes, Nkonkou, Iwobi and couple of others.

I hope we keep nkonkou, thought he looked potentially very good.

I hope we keep nkonkou, thought he looked potentially very good.
There was a time as well when Gomes looked like an absolute steal.
People talk about his injury but I thought his form had dropped before that.
When Seamus first came into the team it was on the wing while he learned his trade.

Goodness knows there were enough poor performances at Goodison which would have justified giving Nkonkou a little time on the pitch.

There was a time as well when Gomes looked like an absolute steal.
People talk about his injury but I thought his form had dropped before that.
When Seamus first came into the team it was on the wing while he learned his trade.

Goodness knows there were enough poor performances at Goodison which would have justified giving Nkonkou a little time on the pitch.
He’d be far better on the wing that iwobi would mate. One of the cup games he played he looked like he had loads of potential. Could do with a loan in a team he’d play most games.

You would wonder if a different manager, a different tactic would get more out of some of our players than Carlo did?

More a general point rather than anything specific.

He certainly seemed to have opinions about what he wanted from certain players and maybe they suffered from that.

It will be interesting to see what plans the new manager will have for players like Gomes, Nkonkou, Iwobi and couple of others.
It's hard not to give up on some of them but you have to hope that a new manager can get more out of the collective rather than individuals as such.

We have some very limited players I accept that but I don't and can't accept the team as a whole looking lost and unfit for entire games. We seem to have been conditioned to accept that now and it's a disgrace.

We aren't going to be shifting out players as we'd like so either we get something from them or the manager tells Brands he can't work with certain players anymore and seeks to replace them and/or give a guy in the U23s a go.

Its hard though, I could never see us getting anything from Gomes and Delph in particular. Sigurdsson and Iwobi may be partially redeemable depending on the system.

Anybody have any clue as to what's happening? the story broke last week but heard nothing factual since then, only opinions.
Mad innit. Even the original report from Dom King was probably not actually factual either because it seems very unlikely that Everton would have informed just 1 particular journo and a quite unreliable one at that. At the very least Paul Joyce would have been informed but nope. Everything since has come from that one story that King broke so like you i haven't actually got a clue what is going on. I don't think anyone has a clue and Everton might not even be in the process of appointing Nuno for all we know.

The last thing that came from Everton which was only a few hours before King jumped in was that they were taking their time, had a short list and expected the process to go into the next week at least which is nothing like what King said a few hours later. Someone may have been taking tosh again me thinks like he did when Carlo was appointed and umpteen other times.

Mad innit. Even the original report from Dom King was probably not actually factual either because it seems very unlikely that Everton would have informed just 1 particular journo and a quite unreliable one at that. At the very least Paul Joyce would have been informed but nope. Everything since has come from that one story that King broke so like you i haven't actually got a clue what is going on. I don't think anyone has a clue and Everton might not even be in the process of appointing Nuno for all we know.

The last thing that came from Everton which was only a few hours before King jumped in was that they were taking their time, had a short list and expected the process to go into the next week at least which is nothing like what King said a few hours later. Someone may have been taking tosh again me thinks like he did when Carlo was appointed and umpteen other times.
This is his latest, make of it what you will:

Reactions: Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.