New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish I could think like you
I can see the issue with all of that. What you’re missing though is both Brandt’s and moshiri aren’t in partnership with mendes. Everyone involved with the club knows what positions we need to improve on add on what players the new manager wants to replace then Brandt’s job to go and recruit. We’ll not be paying crazy fees for players we don’t need due to a manager and agent having a good relationship.
Uzzy will crush Mendes like a bedbug if he takes the mickey out of Everton!

you say above but posted this in the transfer thread

can’t blame the manager for failing to sign a better striker when you then use the other side and say the agent is the one doing the transfers and not the manager.

it shows on Reuters that the wolves owner and mendes are in a partnership, wolves spending money on mendes players benefits the agent and wolves owners partnership. This wouldn’t be happening here, all our signings will be signed off by Brandt’s who won’t benefit from spending ridiculous fees on mendes players and it’s Brandt’s responsibility to get the players we and the manager need.
It's Brands, not Brandts (or Brandt's)

Thanks for clearing that up. So injuries have got hit specific criteria for it to be relevant?
Injuries to key players is a critical factor for any team, it doesn't have to be a striker.
I would guess that our neighbours might have an opinion on that.

The wealthier clubs with the better squads are usually able to work around those kind of absences, most clubs are not.

The injury to Jiminez could have happened to anyone but I felt that Wolves selling both Doherty and Jota was strange, it seemed a little as if the owners had decided to settle and get back some of their money.

I get the broader point but asking for a team to have 2 "TOP SIX" players in each position in order to see progress is lunacy. Chelsea have that. City obviously have that. That's about it. Injuries are a MASSIVE part of the game and you have to be able to have your team perform without that affected player when that hits. Nuno didn't last season.

It’s not just those two. United have them, Liverpool have them, Leicester are getting there, Spurs and Arsenal aren’t in bad shape. None of them are bringing on players anywhere near as poor as we are often starting.

I’m sure Nuno would improve us, and if we start giving him better players also then wants the problem? If after a few seasons he’s taken us as far as he can then we can change manager again, but this idea that we shouldn’t get him because we need a better manager than one who has taken Wolves into Europe just seems a bit ridiculous when our last two finishes were 12th and 10th.

Injuries to key players is a critical factor for any team, it doesn't have to be a striker.
I would guess that our neighbours might have an opinion on that.

The wealthier clubs with the better squads are usually able to work around those kind of absences, most clubs are not.

The injury to Jiminez could have happened to anyone but I felt that Wolves selling both of Doherty and Jota was strange, it seemed a little as if the owners had decided to settle and get back some of their money.
They spent £30m on Nelson Semedo and £35m on Fabio Silva

It’s not just those two. United have them, Liverpool have them, Leicester are getting there, Spurs and Arsenal aren’t in bad shape. None of them are bringing on players anywhere near as poor as we are often starting.

I’m sure Nuno would improve us, and if we start giving him better players also then wants the problem? If after a few seasons he’s taken us as far as he can then we can change manager again, but this idea that we shouldn’t get him because we need a better manager than one who has taken Wolves into Europe just seems a bit ridiculous when our last two finishes were 12th and 10th.
Not sure Liverpool have them.
They struggled badly this season after injuries

Not sure Liverpool have them.
They struggled badly this season after injuries

They moaned loads about injuries but ultimately they just had a lot in one position. They had three senior centrebacks and Fabinho in reserve. Look at their midfield options, they have loads of players who can come in and there’s not much drop off in quality. If we have Doucoure or Allan out we’re putting in a midfielder who probably wouldn’t get in any other premier league team.

buddies it is positive sign that mr nuno straight away bring in his proud captain conor coady to bring leadership to the everton. yes it may not be popular as mr coady is passionate red guy but mr nuno is saying to the floppy father fans of this club “ i am the boss now slimeballs “ and this is good news thank u.
We aren’t signing Mr Coady Snidey, that appears to be an unfounded speculation by the bad buddies at [Publication is blacklisted]

They moaned loads about injuries but ultimately they just had a lot in one position. They had three senior centrebacks and Fabinho in reserve. Look at their midfield options, they have loads of players who can come in and there’s not much drop off in quality. If we have Doucoure or Allan out we’re putting in a midfielder who probably wouldn’t get in any other premier league team.
You would wonder if a different manager, a different tactic would get more out of some of our players than Carlo did?

More a general point rather than anything specific.

He certainly seemed to have opinions about what he wanted from certain players and maybe they suffered from that.

It will be interesting to see what plans the new manager will have for players like Gomes, Nkonkou, Iwobi and couple of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.