Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen him play 90 mins

I can understand what we see in him - seems a natural as a wing back, which isn't always the case for some full backs. Very quick, very powerful, good engine. I would imagine the height and aerial ability is a major bonus too and probably helps a lot in a back 4.

Between the YouTube highlights and last night, I can see the reservations too though - not especially silky with the ball, doesn't seem to ever put crosses in at head height, they all seem to be either cut backs or low crosses, and whilst there's nothing necessarily wrong with that it might not get the best out of people like DCL and Richarlison.

Still, if the price of about 15m euros is correct, I can understand the attraction

You can imagine if he continues to do well in the tournament his price could rocket, with clubs asking for £30m for Aarons and tripper, he could get up around that figure too.

I think going forward he looks promising, but it's hard to judge off one game, and I don't watch much Dutch football

Ive NEVER said he was "crap".

Ive said he and Celik arent for me...'average' right backs we should be looking for the best around.

Ive not seen this match today for a shocking Dutch side against the worst Ukraine team.

Assume he was, quick, strong, physical, direct and full of desire? The strong points i highlighted.

Id be surprised if he played any great passes, put in good crosses or showed strong technical ability.
Yes you did. Don't backtrack now. Own it.

Ive NEVER said he was "crap".

Ive said he and Celik arent for me...'average' right backs we should be looking for the best around.

Ive not seen this match today for a shocking Dutch side against the worst Ukraine team.

Assume he was, quick, strong, physical, direct and full of desire? The strong points i highlighted.

Id be surprised if he played any great passes, put in good crosses or showed strong technical ability.

You said he’s “especially no way good enough” A.K.A. crap.

Not a fan of any of those in Germany and Dumfries especially is no way good enough imo. Celik is nothing special and Dubois, whilst getting a handful of French caps, again isnt outstanding.

Odriozola is overrated imo.

Its a very tough position to target at the moment.

I prefer low balls into the box. A decent centre half should be able to head the ball away, but when you're running back towards your goal, there is a greater chance of own goals when you try to kick it away. He didn't just play aimless crosses though, most of them looked dangerous.

I prefer low balls into the box. A decent centre half should be able to head the ball away, but when you're running back towards your goal, there is a greater chance of own goals when you try to kick it away. He didn't just play aimless crosses though, most of them looked dangerous.
I thought that too, most crosses had a purpose, either looking for a man or were just put in a dangerous area. I love Seamus to bits but the floated balls in are killing me

Had a very solid game.

Goal aside. But still yet to see any proper concrete evidence, but is good value at 25 for me.

sign him up for €15m.

Has this lad gone from "doesnt stand out in a farmer's league" to having one good game in the euros and being "why didn't we sign him before the euros! We'll never get him now".

Either we sign him or we dont there's more then one rb out there.

I haven't checked in on this thread before, have we gone through the "Who's he? Why are we signing him?" stage and are now currently in the "We'll never get him now why didn't we sign him earlier?" stage?

You were laying into anyone who had anything vaguely positive to say about him.

Nope...i was giving my opinion.

I also said id mostly watched him.2 seasons ago when Lozano was there + he was very physical/strong/quick/driven.

The negatives are his passing, technique and crosses over 2 feet high.

Thats my view. I also said he may have improved but ive not seen it.

Never said he was crap. Id go for Emerson or Aarons over him.

I also said €15mil is a fair fee for him...we could upgrade on him in a couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.