2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have any faith in humanity anymore. He would mean more to Everton than he would to Real Madrid.

Hilarious reading the posts that Carlo was,nt good enough yet the same bottlers who let this manager and the one,s before him down on the pitch will be pulling down more wedge and hoodwinking the same fans.

Bottle players meet dum fans.

All the bad eggs need binning before they get a chance to poison the next manager- otherwise its rinse and repeat forever.
Chatting to my mate earlier and said the same thing, would not bother me to give some of the younger lads a go. To be honest they cannot be any worst than some of the crap we have at the moment.

Just as if anyone would choose managing a team of uninterested donkey's and getting your house robbed living in Crosby over living in Madrid and managing some of the best players in the world. Loyalty goes out of the window I'm afraid and we are once again having to start again which has become an infinite cycle of our road to going nowhere other than acceptable mediocrity.

Not to worry. I can see it now...Everton supporters singing "Should have signed for a big club" after we thrash Carlo's Real Madrid in the 2023 Champions League Final ;)

I will lose any respect I had for him if he comes back for any of our players.

Only cos they are absolutely awful and he must be clueless if he took any to Madrid.

If he goes i would already lose any respect for him that I had it would not take anything else.
looks like here we go again, rinse repeat, six managers players. We really are a lost cause, was actually looking forward to the big names Ancelotti could attract, slowly falling out of love with everything Everton atm.

Being blunt, Carlos Ancelotti was always the wrong manager for Everton. I said it at the time and was criticized by others who were too blinded by the shininess of a big name manager. In reality, he offered nothing other than the appeal of signing big names in the transfer market. And excessive transfer spending always appeals to fans.

But this was a problem, not a solution. Everton, under new ownership, have been guilty of trying to become a top four simply by throwing money at the transfer market and it has repeatedly failed.

Everton needed a David Moyes but fans didn’t want him and complained at having him back. The club needs a manager with a style, a plan, a concept for building a way into the top 4.

There is a chance now to repair the mistake: Nuno, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Graham Potter, even Pochinetto (unlikely perhaps). A manager who can have realistic expectations and a budget to build carefully, not a manager with a budget to spend recklessly and fecklessly.

Ancelotti was always but always the wrong manager for Everton and so now we have stupidly high expectations which always lead to disappointment and I deeply suspect the Board realised their mistake halfway through the season.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Ancelotti realised it too; there have been persistent rumours that he wasn’t happy or settled and that the players weren’t responding to his methods. All these claims about loving the club, the fans, the area and wanting a project are just PR statements that every manager trots out from time to time.

(And no to Benitez and Bielsa btw)

But you joined 21 minutes ago buddy. Who did you tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.