Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boring, you know what I mean, Doucoure has much more to his game, that includes chipping in with a few goals, midfielders can actually do that you know. :) Beginning to think football isn't for you pal.
No he has much less, he chips in a few goals and forgets the rest.

Boring, you know what I mean, Doucoure has much more to his game, that includes chipping in with a few goals, midfielders can actually do that you know. :) Beginning to think football isn't for you pal.
To be fair in American football there is offended and defence and never the Twain shall meet
Every outfield player should be looking to score at least once a season

Wow, even for you, you are just clueless, if you cant see what Doucoure brings to Everton and you rate Fred higher than Doucoure ? Hahaha, you are troll pure and simple and like I've said before, hate most Everton players.
He's another Colin Robinson...
mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

To be fair in American football there is offended and defence and never the Twain shall meet
Every outfield player should be looking to score at least once a season
That's fair though tbh, if you look at the top 4 teams other than Fernandes at Utd (mostly pens) none of the other 3 have players who have scored much more than 10 goals, it's mostly single figures but spread throughout the teams, they all have multiple players who can score goals so don't need a 15-20 goal man

That's fair though tbh, if you look at the top 4 teams other than Fernandes at Utd (mostly pens) none of the other 3 have players who have scored much more than 10 goals, it's mostly single figures but spread throughout the teams, they all have multiple players who can score goals so don't need a 15-20 goal man
Strikers and Midfielders should score as a matter of course
CBs you would expect to get a couple at corners and set pieces
FBs should get one or two as well
Coleman always got a couple every season and Baines scores from free kicks and pens as well as the odd one from open play
Our problem is we depend on 3/4 players for goals instead of spreading them around

Coleman always got a couple every season and Baines scores from free kicks and pens as well as the odd one from open play
Our problem is we depend on 3/4 players for goals instead of spreading them around
Carlo has already said we need to be more attack minded so i think he knows we need more goals in the team, it has to be an area of focus for the summers recruitment plans.

If both our strikers got 12 each
James 10
3 midfielders 5 each
CBs 4 each
FB 3 each
That would put us in a much healthier position

Wow, even for you, you are just clueless, if you cant see what Doucoure brings to Everton and you rate Fred higher than Doucoure ? Hahaha, you are troll pure and simple and like I've said before, hate most Everton players.
What does he bring? Last time we tried this you stated goals which is probably not the place I'd start for a player deeper in midfield.

My take is he runs a lot but is relatively low impact in the actual midfield. He tackles a little but not enough, he carries the ball sometimes but not enough, he isn't really great positionally or on the ball. So you're actually right, what he brings is a good goal threat for his position but for me that doesn't offset everything else.

Yep even Zouma has five goals this year , we're lacking a threat outside of our core attacking players. I miss when Digne played a more direct role in offense beyond blasting crosses

What does he bring? Last time we tried this you stated goals which is probably not the place I'd start for a player deeper in midfield.

My take is he runs a lot but is relatively low impact in the actual midfield. He tackles a little but not enough, he carries the ball sometimes but not enough, he isn't really great positionally or on the ball. So you're actually right, what he brings is a good goal threat for his position but for me that doesn't offset everything else.

I think you may be underappreciating putting pressure on the ball.

I've told my kid for years that as a defender, your job is simple: don't get beat. Winning the ball is a bonus. Your job is to turn attackers outside, slow them up so that your team can reset, and force a pass that they didn't want. On a set piece, just deny your responsibility a clean look. If you continually do that as a team, eventually you'll force a legitimately bad pass and somebody can take the gamble to go for the ball-winning tackle or intercept the pass.

A really good DM can function as the heartbeat of the team or crash forward and contribute to the offense, but a merely good one will handle the defensive basics, make quick outlet passes to an open player that can do something with it, and be available to redistribute the ball when an attacker falls under pressure.

The only difference between levels of the game is whether or not you can keep up with the speed and physicality of that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.