2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH ASTON VILLA P/C

James and Mina both out​

We have Yerry Mina out for this game, James still & Gbamin. The other players are available and fit to play

Congratulations to City from Carlo​

I think they were better than all the others. They deserved to win. They had a fantastic season, playing really well with a lot of consistency, defensively strong as well. So they deserved to win. Congratulations

Carlo on Villa Defeat​

We have learned to try and avoid defeat, to play differently. It was one of the worst performances we had in the season. We have to play differently and we're going to play differently

Carlo on the season​

Our season has to be considered a good season. We have to wait the last four games because we are still in the fight for Europe. I want to put all of our energy into our target"

Carlo on Top 4​

Top four is not a possibility for us. We have to be honest. We can fight for the other positions. I don't know what positions we can reach... Putting all our energy into the next game is the only way we can do our best

At the start of the season we were thinking that it was difficult to compete with the top six. After all these games, we were able to compete - because we are still there and close to the top. The results at home, we could do much better

The results at home, we could do much better but we have to also consider that we did a fantastic away run. It was impossible to think we could win 11 games away. I think the position where we are now is the position we deserve

Premier League challenge​

I think the Premier League is the most difficult national competition in Europe for sure. There are a lot of teams with quality, fantastic players & managers here. To win [the league] here is not easy

Carlo on Rodriguez​

He starts to train with the team on Friday after the game. I hope he can be ready for Sheffield United. I cannot put him at risk tomorrow. He will train on Friday and Saturday, if he's ok he will play against Sheffield United.

Carlo on Moshiri​

I have a really good relationship. He's an owner that supports the team, supports the club. We speak on the phone, I met him last week in London. It was a good moment and I hope to see him soon, but he's always behind us.

Carlo on Walcott's Future​

We didn't think about this. We followed him playing at Southampton & we are going to take a decision together at the end of the season

Carlo on Team​

I think the team has a strong motivation for Europe because most of them didn't play in European competition & they have a strong desire to play in it next season

Carlo on King/VAR Mistake​

It's true that he didn't start a game, but it's true that I am happy with him. He's played a part in important games, and he did well all the time.
I'm really surprised that nobody know this [handball], but above all the VAR was not there
Imagine if West Ham had equalised after that mistake? It was a huge mistake. Nobody said nothing to us, it was enough to say 'Sorry, we made a mistake

Carlo on Davies​

He's a fantastic support not only for Allan but all the team. I think the next step for Tom is to improve his ability with the ball because without it he is really good

Carlo on Lessons learned v Villa​

I counted 10 easy mistakes in the first 10 minutes of the game... It's not going to happen tomorrow, for sure"

Ancelotti on Jack Grealish​

He's a fantastic player, and I advise him to take care after a long injury! Don't risk, stay calm! No, I'm joking, he's a fantastic player and we're excited to play against fantastic players

Ancelotti on MUFC fixture congestion
It's impossible to play three games in five days with the same team so it's absolutely normal to rotate the players. They cannot arrive at the last game fresh so I think the problem was the schedule, not changing the team against Leicester

Carlo on Mina​

He had a problem with his adductor. It's not a big problem. He tried to train yesterday but was a little bit uncomfortable. I think if he can not play against Sheffield United, he can play the final two games of the season. He has a really small problem.

Not entirely sure those comments were the smartest move from Carlo…

Surely publicly thumbing your nose at the PL/UEFA like that isn’t the best idea? Especially at a time when they’re keen to show they’re in charge?

Surely publicly thumbing your nose at the PL/UEFA like that isn’t the best idea? Especially at a time when they’re keen to show they’re in charge?
The Mickey Mouse fines hand out to the scab 9 are an indication of how easy UEFA on going on rulebreakers of that severity than we should only get a telling off if we break FFP , esp in a summer when European football is suffering financially

Got nowhere to stand them.

They've allowed their "BIG CLUBS" to take out Government Loans and Furlough staff to "cope" with the Pandemic whilst in the same breathe talk to the likes of Real Madrid and Barca about going into the Super League - so how can they punish a Club like Everton for spending money and making a loss, when its clear their favourites have had to do things like previously mentioned to "survive".

If Everton want to spend as much money as they want, then the smartest thing to do is let them.

He's Carlo Ancelotti. He speaks and people listen.

If the authorities don't punish these clubs then they are setting a precedent.

The Mickey Mouse fines hand out to the scab 9 are an indication of how easy UEFA on going on rulebreakers of that severity than we should only get a telling off if we break FFP , esp in a summer when European football is suffering financially

Got nowhere to stand them.

They've allowed their "BIG CLUBS" to take out Government Loans and Furlough staff to "cope" with the Pandemic whilst in the same breathe talk to the likes of Real Madrid and Barca about going into the Super League - so how can they punish a Club like Everton for spending money and making a loss, when its clear their favourites have had to do things like previously mentioned to "survive".

If Everton want to spend as much money as they want, then the smartest thing to do is let them.

He's Carlo Ancelotti. He speaks and people listen.

If the authorities don't punish these clubs then they are setting a precedent.

Sincerely hope you’re all right, but think it’s pretty naive to assume they wouldn’t seek to make an example out of us, even after having gone easy on their cash cows

Status
Not open for further replies.