Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your point is here.
A PL team at the bottom or newly promoted team may take a punt on him, but probably more likely a Championship team.
If we think that will be his level, we should sell rather than keep sending him on loans like Dowell.
I still think he could come through as he has skills which we lack.

I don't really have a point mate, I am just interested to see where you think we can sell him too.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure any PL would be interested in buying him at this point, and championship teams don't have much cash. We might get a couple of million for him, which I think would be a poor decision from a risk V reward perspective. Thats just my view though.

Love the fella but I cant see how it would benefit us in any way to come out and say this

1. He’s baso saying “go on UEFA, I dare you
2. He’s letting potential teams know that the dough’s there regardless

What he's dong (I think) is to establish a line of defence within the media before the accusations come which is actually quite a smart one. Morally don't think about punishing us if you haven't got around to punishing far more serious offences. It's a sensible ploy and we haven't done enough of it.

What he's dong (I think) is to establish a line of defence within the media before the accusations come which is actually quite a smart one. Morally don't think about punishing us if you haven't got around to punishing far more serious offences. It's a sensible ploy and we haven't done enough of it.
You can tell this is a conversation he has had with Moshiri etc. Keep the pressure on the scab 6 and we will sort out our issues under the dark of night

You can tell this is a conversation he has had with Moshiri etc. Keep the pressure on the scab 6 and we will sort out our issues under the dark of night

Yes in all likelihood. And that sort of favourable coverage which it has had, will do a lot of good.

It reads to me like they are not going to bother much with FFP and nor should they.

I don't really have a point mate, I am just interested to see where you think we can sell him too.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure any PL would be interested in buying him at this point, and championship teams don't have much cash. We might get a couple of million for him, which I think would be a poor decision from a risk V reward perspective. Thats just my view though.
Probably a fair enough assessment.

My worry is that another loan like Preston harms him In terms of development and sale value. I’m not sure he will get much time under Ancelotti, particularly if high profile forward players join.

How are they going to punish anyone who breaches ffp for a period that covers the pandemic. The football industry is on its arse financially and should be welcoming of any outside investment.

Buyers market this summer - if we are backed by the likes of usmanov then i think this is the time to strike. French teams are done for with the collapse of their tv deal, i’ve just been reading about inter’s financial problems. Juve, barca and real will struggle to finance any more than one major deal this summer.

I genuinely don't even know what we need in CM. All I know is that I've seen entirely wayyy too many matches with Allan and Doucoure where we were ripped wide open by opposing teams. We kind of need both someone who can break up play regularly and DEFINITELY needs a CM who can move with the ball and, shockingly, pass forward.

What's completely laughable are those who say, hopefully jokingly, that Gylfi fn Sigurdsson could do a job in the middle.
Our results with Allan and Douc both playing: W8, D2, L4.
Our results with at least one of them missing: W8, D5, L7

But that's not your main point, and I realise that.

If you look at the central midfield personnel currently employed by the club, we don't have enough players who are up to the standard of even being the third-best player in a midfield trio. Allan and Doucs the best players in the group so get in by default when fit, but neither is a natural 6. In that scenario I would be looking to:

a) Sign a 6 who is ready to go from day one. Make the weakest position in our midfield the strongest, and the whole midfield is improved straight away. This will give us time (based on how long Allan can continue performing to a decent level) to bring a younger player through to play box-to-box.

b) Sign a box-to-box type who is good enough to start whenever one of Allan or Doucs needs a rest, AND is young enough (and shows all the promise) to improve over the next 12 months and surpass Allan and/or Doucs.

c) Retain Davies as the backup 6. If he kicks on and develops, great. If not, he provides cover from the bench until we sell him in summer 2022.

d) Assess Gbamin's recovery. If he makes the grade, he can be the backup 6. However if he doesn't recover (as I fear is more likely) then we sell in summer 2022

e) Sell Delph and Gomes ASAP. Neither are worth their wages. They are currently 4th and 5th choice, and if we bring in two central players as outlined above they will become 6th and 7th choice.

The 6 I want is Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, but the pricing would probably rule him out. Someone like Scott McTominay would be worth a look but again the pricing makes it tough. I don't watch enough overseas football to talk about the likes of Camavinga, Soumare, Gravenberch, Guimaraes, Kamara and so forth.

This in a nutshell tbh, Aston Villa don't feel he has done enough for them and they are mid table so why do people think he is good enough for us. No doubting he has some ability but half his problem is that he does'nt know what to do with it the majority of the time.
Typically you'd say the next club for Ross would be a West Ham or Newcastle, but as pointed out his weaknesses wouldn't suit a Moyes team and I doubt the Toon would stump up the cash. He'll probably end up at a promoted team in the future when his contract expires.

I've always said this, the only time he's made a decent decision on the pitch with his passing in the final third was for Davies goal vs City. He would've always gone for a shot in that situation and had it blocked or ballooned over.

giphy.gif

Typically you'd say the next club for Ross would be a West Ham or Newcastle, but as pointed out his weaknesses wouldn't suit a Moyes team and I doubt the Toon would stump up the cash. He'll probably end up at a promoted team in the future when his contract expires.

I've always said this, the only time he's made a decent decision on the pitch with his passing in the final third was for Davies goal vs City. He would've always gone for a shot in that situation and had it blocked or ballooned over.
I don’t know why, but I can see him having one of those weird overseas stints to end his career, that takes him to about 11 different clubs and ends in the Azerbaijani second division.

Probably a fair enough assessment.

My worry is that another loan like Preston harms him In terms of development and sale value. I’m not sure he will get much time under Ancelotti, particularly if high profile forward players join.

I'm not convinced by Gordon tbh. I'm not writing him off, but I just don't see the upside that others do, especially when so many had written off Dowell after far less 1st team opportunities and exposure.

The best think I can say about him is he looks busy, but that somehow doesn't equate to hard working.

At the very least, I would say he needs another loan, preferably to a club that puts an emphasis on attacking football, or at the very least, would attempt to rely on him as a creative outlet.

If Norwich are going to cash in on Buendia and/or Cantwell, then that would seem like a good fit, but I genuinely don't see a Premier League side looking at what he currently offers and taking that gamble.

How are they going to punish anyone who breaches ffp for a period that covers the pandemic. The football industry is on its arse financially and should be welcoming of any outside investment.

Buyers market this summer - if we are backed by the likes of usmanov then i think this is the time to strike. French teams are done for with the collapse of their tv deal, i’ve just been reading about inter’s financial problems. Juve, barca and real will struggle to finance any more than one major deal this summer.
Is Usmanov involved with us
He denies it every chance he gets lol lol lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.