Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torn about what kind of CM we should go for. I really want us to get a dynamic one who is going to press and get around the pitch but that assumes Allan will be the sitter or that JPG will ever be healthy ever again.

Allan defo thrives more when he's not the sitter imo, so I think we're best off getting a true number 6 who will sit at the bas eof the midfield, shield the back 4, break up play and get us moving on the ball.

Agree with a lot of your list, just some points i would make and don't know if you or agree or not.

Gbamin, no one knows how good it had he is because no one could foresee those awfully injuries.
Don't laugh, but at the time, S
Sandro seemed to be a helluva prospect, ( now we know better) but at the time most of us wanted him, we'd seen his YouTube highlights.
Kean, for one reason or another, never worked out, but we will of should make a hefty profit on him when we sell.
Gomes, who I admit I always liked, got that terrible injury against Spurs and for me has never been the same since.
Bernard apart from a decent first season has gone downhill fast.
The rest of your list ain't worth mentioning.

I admit mate I was happy with us signing Sandro and Kean both no brainers based on their age and fee but both shown that English football is a different beast to other leagues.

I think naturally any player from abroad are seen as more attractive - Doucoure is a perfect example in that many didnt want him from Watford however if he played in France or Germany and was some pacey bloke called Zakaria or Soumare people would have been all over him.

Same with Ings people would rather spend £30 million on some cat from Italy who could come over and only score a few goals and be like a fish out of water even Timo Werner looks average at Chelsea, as did Haller at West Ham.

I personally hope we target championship/lower PL players like Bissouma, Aarons who have hunger and sprinkle a bit of experience around them like Coutinho, Koulibaly who you know what you are getting.

Would take for £12m. Peanuts in this market. Obviously isn't the sort of fast, athletic midfielder we need but money left over for that.
I like the idea of him becoming the sitter which would allow Allan much more freedom to go box-to-box with Doucoure.

For £12m it seems like a bit of a no bainer.. if he doesn't work out we make a profit but he's very highly rated for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.