Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the English market is you're paying over the odds for players however you know what those can bring.

You can spend £30-35 million on a Danny Ings and know he'll get you 10-15 goals a season whereas you can sign a Sandro Ramirez for £5 million or a Cenk Toshun for £27 million for less but there is no guarantee of what they will offer in English football.

Thats why the likes of Brighton can afford to take a punt on the likes of Bissouma because they have no hopes of Europe they just want 17th or higher every season whereas clubs like us want/need an instant impact similiar to what Doucoure brought us in the summer.

Be interesting what we do this summer as the market abroad will be a lot cheaper however you dont know what you're getting - which is what makes the links to Coutinho interesting as he'll be relatively cheap compared to players of his type in England however he's Premier League proven already so you know what he would bring providing he can stay fit
How is Bissouma vs Doucoure an example of us doing things better?

Ings: 30m for 10 goals. A good deal.

Given our recent transfer record, it baffles me how people still view “spending more” as the yardstick for a successful transfer window.

We're deffo the exception to the rule lol but typically the clubs that invest the most money are the ones who win things / qualify for europe.

We certainly need to recruit better like thats been my main frustration since Moyes left the club.

How is Bissouma vs Doucoure an example of us doing things better?

Ings: 30m for 10 goals. A good deal.

Ings: £30 million for 10 goals vs Tosun: £27 million for 3 goals.

Unless our scouts/DOF have changed what makes you so confident we can find some 20 goal a season forward kicking it about some beach in Ecuador who will sit happily on our bench?

Post Moist we dont scout well enough im suprised how some still dont see that and it wont suddenly change overnight.

Even good signings Lukaku and Godfrey were slightly lucky in that Demba Ba and Gabriel where our number 1 targets before we signed them!

Unless our scouts/DOF have changed what makes you so confident we can find some 20 goal a season forward kicking it about some beach in Ecuador who will sit happily on our bench?

Post Moyes we dont scout well enough im suprised how some still dont see that and it wont suddenly change overnight.

Even good signings Lukaku and Godfrey were slightly lucky in that Demba Ba and Gabriel where our number 1 targets before we signed them!
Two bad deals are two bad deals even if one is less bad. The goal shouldn't be to do better than we did on Tosun

Post Moist we dont scout well enough im suprised how some still dont see that and it wont suddenly change overnight.

The injuries are hitting Ings left, right and centre now, we have enough of them and besides we need more pace in the team.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Our current best lineup (IMHO) is a 4-3-3 where Davies sits as the deep central man in the midfield three, with Doucoure and Allan playing box-tobox either side of him. Now if the club starts bringing in new midfielders I'll happily reassess my take on our best lineup, but as it stands...

We paid £40m+ to bring in Allan and Doucoure last season, it makes financial sense that the third midfielder is the position we'd upgrade next. Plus it would give Gbamin time to recover and allow us to bin off Delph AND Gomes.
Gbamin is never going to recover to premier league standard.

Two bad deals are two bad deals even if one is less bad. The goal shouldn't be to do better than we did on Tosun

You live in a fantasy world mate - we aint no Dortmund, Lille, RB Leipzig, Leicester so dont be disappointed if Carlo brings any more of his old boys through the door in the summer as the alternative isn't worth thinking about.

Sandro
Klaassan
Toshun
Niasse
Kean
Besic
Gomes
Benard
Iwobi
Delph
Gbamin

Thats where your world class scouting at EFC gets ya - you should be rejoicing if we go and sign an Ings or a Bissouma or a Coutinho as no other club likes to waste money on no paced bums like we do and we aint getting any better.

Last edited:
You live in a fantasy world mate - we aint no Dortmund, Lille, RB Leipzig, Leicester so dont be disappointed if Carlo brings any more of his old boys through the door in the summer as the alternative isn't worth thinking about.

Sandro
Klaassan
Toshun
Niasse
Kean
Gomes
Benard
Iwobi
Delph
Gbamin

Thats where your world class scouting at EFC gets ya - you should be rejoicing if we go and sign an Ings or a Bissouma or a Coutinho as no other club likes to waste money on no paced bums like we do and we aint getting any better.
We haven't made good signings before so we shouldn't try to learn and make good signings now is a terrible attitude. And that's not to say none of those would be decent, but just saying we aren't Leicester so why try to be good in the market is just so crappy of a way to look at it I don't even know what to say.

Sandro
Klaassan
Toshun
Niasse
Kean
Gomes
Benard
Iwobi
Delph
Gbamin

Agree with a lot of your list, just some points i would make and don't know if you or agree or not.

Gbamin, no one knows how good it had he is because no one could foresee those awfully injuries.
Don't laugh, but at the time, S
Sandro seemed to be a helluva prospect, ( now we know better) but at the time most of us wanted him, we'd seen his YouTube highlights.
Kean, for one reason or another, never worked out, but we will of should make a hefty profit on him when we sell.
Gomes, who I admit I always liked, got that terrible injury against Spurs and for me has never been the same since.
Bernard apart from a decent first season has gone downhill fast.
The rest of your list ain't worth mentioning.

Numbers-wise maybe we only need one more CM. But for me it’s the most important position on the field and getting two more of quality would be massive. Especially if we’re looking to play a 4-3-3. Hopefully we find at least one that’s only 22-24 with room to improve and give us years of service (as opposed to another Allan-like signing).

Status
Not open for further replies.