Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are wild. One win and we're taking all comers. I think we can win them but confident? Nah.

I'm confident we'll win at Villa because we just keep doing winning away.

I'm also confident the return of fans for Sheffield and Wolves will help us finally get a couple of goodison wins.

This is exactly what i'm getting at though. If we could get Bissouma and Neto for £20m each then absolutely yes, I would be all over that. The point is, I don't think we could get them for anything even remotely approaching that. Ignoring the fact that both would probably have bigger and better options if they were available, I reckon you'd be looking at something approaching double that for either of them, and that's where it becomes a problem. Again, you can do it once for your number 1 target or whatever, but you can't be going out paying £30m+ for all your players. Nor can you be just picking up punts at under £2m a time who need 2 years to work their way into contention. Signing a few players who can do the job but aren't overly expensive is essential if we're going to make serious inroads I think, it's not about us turning a profit it's about us getting value and being able to spend big on gamechangers. It's also about actually being able to convince them to come. With the best will in the world, I think most players would have to think long and hard about leaving the likes of Villa, Leeds etc to come here at the moment.

Villa and Leeds would be tough yes. It's why I've avoided the Grealish shouts and even Raphina, as unless Leeds tailed off, it's hard to see. Wolves have started selling players though so I think they would be open to it.

On the point of when you buy them, I'd probably go along with that too, which is probably why I've never been against signing players from relegated teams. The only time you can probably get Bissouma or Neto for 20m is if they are relegated.

I also agree in what you are saying about players below the 30-40m range and it is why I've never been as bothered as others about sometimes bringing older players in. A guy like Allan, who 20m makes sense to me.

I know you've said before that buying top draw Europeans is the way to go. So say a Zakaria, who we might be able to get for 40m. My only contention with the strategy is, I do think you need to be in Europe, quite regularly at that, to attract these players. So it's a bit of a delicate balance we are looking for.

Anguissa is the kind of player this forum will hate because he actually tries to use the ball which means sometimes he gives it away. He's also got a bit of a questionable touch on occasion.
Sorry, I missed your reply to me, didn't mean to ignore you.

I think he (Anguissa) would be a smart piece of business at the mid twenty million mark I've heard. Would he be on your radar for that kind of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.