2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that my views were not well received. That's okay, and I've said before that I think JR has some skills that are among the best in the world. However, a football match contains many factors, and in modern football you must have players who can run a lot and not least perform many high-intensity sprints. You have to be in very good physical shape. Something that JR is not.

We may disagree about how well it is documented that JR has bad attitudes, but usually when the same statement comes from several different people, there tends to be some truth in it. In addition, JR is remarkably often injured.

I also questioned whether JR made us a better football team in the long run, not in a single match, nor did I claim that JR has performed poorly, as this does not have to be the same thing. I referred to a point average, with and without JR, which is not very valid, but it shows at least that we have a point average above the normal average without JR. What it would have been like if everything had been kept the same, we do not know. But I register that we beat WH without JR.

Do you think Sigurdsson is good at sprinting mate ?

Do you think Sigurdsson is good at sprinting mate ?
I have not mentioned Gylfi, and I am not a big fan. He has obvious shortcomings. However, he is a professional player who takes care of his body, rarely injured, and who constantly tries his best for the team. Managers like such players, as does Carlo.

He touched the ball 14 times yesterday.....
Ok, 28 according to WhoScored. I will not defend Gylfi, but it may also be because he is a player who is far more effective than his teammates. He also had two passes that led to a finish on goal. We are also a team that does not like to have a lot of ball possession.

Listen, I'm not saying he's very good and we need better, but he's an ok squad player and he's a professional player. Part of the reason he plays so much is that JR is so much injured. If you want JR, you have to accept that players who do not have top PL quality play a lot. It's part of the package.

Ok, 28 according to WhoScored. I will not defend Gylfi, but it may also be because he is a player who is far more effective than his teammates. He also had two passes that led to a finish on goal. We are also a team that does not like to have a lot of ball possession.

Listen, I'm not saying he's very good and we need better, but he's an ok squad player and he's a professional player. Part of the reason he plays so much is that JR is so much injured. If you want JR, you have to accept that players who do not have top PL quality play a lot. It's part of the package.
lol

Yes, I can see the funny side of that statement. But what I thought was that he might not need as many touches with the ball, such as Tom Davies, before he finds a solution. It is also possible he does not recycle the ball as much. And he does not play for Manchester City either. But yes, funny.

Yes, I can see the funny side of that statement. But what I thought was that he might not need as many touches with the ball, such as Tom Davies, before he finds a solution. It is also possible he does not recycle the ball as much. And he does not play for Manchester City either. But yes, funny.

Technically He might not need as many touches but he definitely takes them, always takes 2 or 3 touches killing momentum before predictably passing it backwards, at least the likes of Davies tries to pass first time.

the reason he’s always amongst having the fewest touches is because he doesn’t get himself involved in play, always on the periphery

6 goals / 9 assists in 1,968 mins (~22) for a player we knew wouldn't play every game and some of you think it's a joke we signed him.

I honestly hope we never win another trophy or title in our existence.

Just told the club.

He was an Icelandic guy i think, one of the more long term forum members can probably tell you more tbh, i have only seen a few of his posts, I think he is on twitter. tbf he argued his points and backed them up it was just the fact that is 24/7 relentless and then i think he went full scale and tried to claim Gylfi was better than Messi.
Ricky Ryder. May have had another incarnation too.

A legend in his own lunchtime. Loved the stats. A very bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.