Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some big games this week

Chelsea to beat Arsenal Wednesday
United to beat Liverpool thursday
But

it’s all on us. I reckon 7 points from the next 3 and we will go to city with it in our hands. Tottenham go to Leicester last game of season.
Villa miss Watkins Thursday night that’s a massive loss

Regarding the next three for us though

Villa miss Watkins and now Europe has gone May start to wind down

if we can’t beat Sheffield we should all give up

wolves started a load of kids yesterday who of course did well but this will be far from their first team

city have champions league final 6 days after our game and no way will they play any first team players

I don’t think we could ask for a better set of fixtures

but this is Everton and we all know don’t we...... finish level points and miss out on goal difference.....

Regarding the next three for us though

Villa miss Watkins and now Europe has gone May start to wind down

if we can’t beat Sheffield we should all give up

wolves started a load of kids yesterday who of course did well but this will be far from their first team

city have champions league final 6 days after our game and no way will they play any first team players

I don’t think we could ask for a better set of fixtures

but this is Everton and we all know don’t we...... finish level points and miss out on goal difference.....
One game at a time, don't let the hope get you

Just looking at the fixtures of this coming week, if we win our 2 games we will be 2 points behind 4th (Leicester will play the day after our 2nd game and none of the other teams can mathematically get more points)

This week is a key decider in top 4 race

Utd play Leicester and RS
Chelsea play Arsenal
By Thursday we could have 0 chance of top 4 but a chance for top 5

Last edited:

Just looking at the fixtures of this coming week, if we win our 2 games we will be 2 points behind 4th (Leicester will play the day after our 2nd game and none of the other teams can mathematically get more points)
The word of the season this year is ‘If

Looking at the remaining games, we'll probably need do beat Villa, Shef Utd and wolves to get 7th. Do we want it though? Europa League def yes but this Conference..Early kick offs against Flora Tallinn and Vikingur Olafsvik. Winning it will be a bit like winning the u23 league
Yes please. It's only a couple of hours ferry ride from Helsinki to Tallinn.

Am I correct in saying that if United beat Liverpool, United beat Leicester and Chelsea beat Leicester, then we beat Villa and Sheffield United, we can still get fourth?

I know it's a little bit of a longshot, but four games left and we can still make the Champions League for next season?

Shocked!!

Am I correct in saying that if United beat Liverpool, United beat Leicester and Chelsea beat Leicester, then we beat Villa and Sheffield United, we can still get fourth?

I know it's a little bit of a longshot, but four games left and we can still make the Champions League for next season?

Shocked!!
Yep but it's the hope that kills yer.

Shocked!!

Yes and do you know will happen?

We'll go to City knowing a win would give us CL footy, get snotted 5-0 and finish 8th with no European footy

Everton that.

We would be on about 70 points now if our home form was good!
As Souness and a number of others have pointed out, the team must be kicking themselves. Win a few more home games and we’d be odds on for CL footy next season.

But our inability to turn up against so-called lesser opposition is nothing new. Under Silva teams new they could sit back against us and we wouldn’t break them down.

If that City game had no fans it would make it easier. But there will be fans and City will want to put a show on for them.
Mind you, they’ve lost at least twice at home I think and for us it could be like a cup final.
This season more than most Everton have surprised me with good and bad performances so you never know.

But first things first, let’s put Villa to boBose on Thursday.

As Souness and a number of others have pointed out, the team must be kicking themselves. Win a few more home games and we’d be odds on for CL footy next season.

But our inability to turn up against so-called lesser opposition is nothing new. Under Silva teams new they could sit back against us and we wouldn’t break them down.
Yes it’s a problem that is obvious so hopefully Carlo with buy some more real class this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.