Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes so he was slightly under the radar early in his career. Or he improved as he got older. PSG obviously were crying out for that type of midfielder and he wasn’t there first choice. The January window when they were crying poverty and trying to get the price down. All of a sudden they went and got paredes for 40mil

He’s great at what he does, but he’s average a lot of other things
Which means he's great on the whole. That's all I'm saying, we underestimated on the whole how good he was for us.

Which means he's great on the whole. That's all I'm saying, we underestimated on the whole how good he was for us.
It’s all about opinions.

And yes fantastic at tackling, recoveries, pressing, getting around the pitch at speed. But you said he was top class at everything. I remember a lot of passes going to the opposition, 90% his shots hitting the corner flag. And He didn’t get goals or assists.

Yes so he was slightly under the radar early in his career. Or he improved as he got older. PSG obviously were crying out for that type of midfielder and he wasn’t there first choice. The January window when they were crying poverty and trying to get the price down. All of a sudden they went and got paredes for 40mil

He’s great at what he does, but he’s average a lot of other things

He is great at what he is there to do. He is always massively underrated as a footballer generally (he can pass and passes well more often than not).

Pointing out his flaws is like saying Lucas Digne doesn't score enough headers. He isn't there to do that in the main.

It’s all about opinions.

And yes fantastic at tackling, recoveries, pressing, getting around the pitch at speed. But you said he was top class at everything. I remember a lot of passes going to the opposition, 90% his shots hitting the corner flag. And He didn’t get goals or assists.
His passing was and remains better than Gomes. But Gomes looks nice I guess so people rate him higher.

He is great at what he is there to do. He is always massively underrated as a footballer generally (he can pass and passes well more often than not).

Pointing out his flaws is like saying Lucas Digne doesn't score enough headers. He isn't there to do that in the main.
I think a midfielder that doesn’t score or assist and who’s passing was ok at best, is slightly different to saying a left back doesn’t score headers.

He was a good player. I was replying to a poster who said he was top class at everything, which is utter rubbish. I don’t think there’s a midfielder on the planet who’s top class at everything.

I dunno about that.

From my own POV I was quite happy for both to go, I'm not and will never be a fan of keeping unhappy players.

As soon as both declared a will to leave it was only ever about getting a good fee.
Not saying you specifically but there was thus sentiment of Gana can't pass or Rom doesn't do anything but score so we'll be fine with replacements and it wasn't obviously close to true.

Rom left in summer of 17 and we didn't fix the striker position until DCL stepped up in December 2019. Gana left summer of 19 and we might not fix the midfield until 2 and a half years later either.

Status
Not open for further replies.