2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think post-Covid there won’t be £80M+ transfer fees any longer.....the fear of huge squads/contracts and no TV money in the event of another pandemic or group of goons trying to break away has put those figures to bed for the foreseeable future.
You are quite right.

Kane may go for a significant fed, but he is worth it to a team in the top two or three. I think he could easily be the difference in winning the title.

I think there may only be three or four teams in Europe with that money, but whether they will punt on one player is another matter.

I think post-Covid there won’t be £80M+ transfer fees any longer.....the fear of huge squads/contracts and no TV money in the event of another pandemic or group of goons trying to break away has put those figures to bed for the foreseeable future.
This probability isn't sinking in with some. It might do football a favour by reducing prices.

....from my experience, don’t expect to get into a reasoned debate.
Exactly our problems are mainly at Rrght back as good as Coleman has been for us , plus our pour shaky centre back pairings has been a problem in some games plus our pedestrian midfield - that has cost us games this season, so why have a go at our 15 prem goal striker ?
I admit not the finished article, but with supply could get there.....
I feel our midfield which has been sadly savaged by injuries is the main problem ...... plus no supply to either striker some, but nowhere near enough.....

Exactly our problems are mainly at Rrght back as good as Coleman has been for us , plus our pour shaky centre back pairings has been a problem in some games plus our pedestrian midfield - that has cost us games this season, so why have a go at our 15 prem goal striker ?
I admit not the finished article, but with supply could get there.....
I feel our midfield which has been sadly savaged by injuries is the main problem ...... plus no supply to either striker some, but nowhere near enough.....

RB is a problem and no one around to play there instead of Coleman. But the CB's have been a problem however for me it has been changed round to much. We should have with a set pairing for games barring injuries messing it up. Keane and Mina should have been the set pairing.

RB is a problem and no one around to play there instead of Coleman. But the CB's have been a problem however for me it has been changed round to much. We should have with a set pairing for games barring injuries messing it up. Keane and Mina should have been the set pairing.
Sorry I can't agree with the last sentence as I think next season neither will be first choice for either position.It seems Carlo is on the scent of one and I feel that Godfrey has shown enough to be played in his best position .

Mina is far to injury prone plays well- but his hip is iffy ....

Sorry I can't agree with the last sentence as I think next season neither will be first choice for either position.It seems Carlo is on the scent of one and I feel that Godfrey has shown enough to be played in his best position .
Holgate since his injury has been average, some posters blame our leading goalscorer?..........
We have very little scored from midfield.,....

All our own fans seem to hate all our players, they talk about selling our best players and what fee they would get.

Selling Dom for a gazilion dollars doesnt mean we'll get a gazilion dollar player in return if you're in the bracket you aint coming to Everton at the moment.
I would drive him there myself for a gazillion bucks tbf

For all this arguing back and forth, I think he's here for the long-run.

He's worth more to Everton than he would be to the clubs that could afford to buy him, and the latest contract he signed will have him on a much higher wage than the strikers at other mid-table sides.

To me, he's your archetypal big, talismanic no.9, who will either become a legend at the right club or end up floundering if he makes the wrong move.

Status
Not open for further replies.