Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centre back is the last thing we need. Keane and Mina first choice. Godfrey back up and cover at left back. Holgate 4th choice and cover at right back. Branthwaite developing.

If central defence is our priority this summer and not right back then we have learned nothing from previous years.

I'm hoping it's not a priority and a case of 1 in 1 out for similar fees. I think all 4 CB's are good but none of them are really great. If we could get a really great one in the door then perfect.

Also have a horrible suspicion that Carlo is wanting to play a 3 at the back next season.

That's dreadful news all around. Missing out on Aarons is a blow if true, not sure who else is in for him though given the standard of RB's for teams above us.

Would be pretty certain it's Yerry to leave too, hasn't got into the team much recently and there has been speculation about him going to Italy.
Think Bayern have been reported to be interested and Spurs also. Who knows what will happen though. Could be we are hedging our bets in case he goes elsewhere.

I imagine Keane and Holgate both making serious errors recently has given Carlo food for thought. I love Yerry but he may be our most saleable CB asset at present if we need to raise money.

Think Bayern have been reported to be interested and Spurs also. Who knows what will happen though. Could be we are hedging our bets in case he goes elsewhere.

I imagine Keane and Holgate both making serious errors recently has given Carlo food for thought. I love Yerry but he may be our most saleable CB asset at present if we need to raise money.

Interesting, Bayern have Pavard and Kimmich at RB currently. Could see Spurs' interest being firm given their options, but would also be surprised to see Levy pay £30m for him. It's a lot of money for a RB who's played one season in the top flight and got relegated - would hope Brands has more options.

Agreed, Yerry definitely most saleable, could see him playing in Spain or Italy very easily.

Interesting, Bayern have Pavard and Kimmich at RB currently. Could see Spurs' interest being firm given their options, but would also be surprised to see Levy pay £30m for him. It's a lot of money for a RB who's played one season in the top flight and got relegated - would hope Brands has more options.

Agreed, Yerry definitely most saleable, could see him playing in Spain or Italy very easily.
Kimmich is a full time central midfielder now, but they have a young guy named Sarr backing up Pavard that they just signed last summer.

If we are signing a CB, that means we are 100% selling 1.

Holgate or Mina my money is on.
Id prefer to keep a fully fit Yerry and sell Holgate... but a fully fit Yerry is wishful thinking at best so we will keep Holgate as a bench warmer on minimum wage.

GK (competition for JP)
RB
CM
RF/RW
ST (assuming Kean is sold).

That's our 5 targets for the summer. They have to be the right players with aggression, pace and hunger. We have Ancelotti as manager so could we please give him what he needs.

Yes would be surprised if Spurs shelled out that much. Can’t see City or Utd being in for him given their options. Could be the player wants to assess his options and we’re looking at backup plans.

GK (competition for JP)
RB
CM
RF/RW
ST (assuming Kean is sold).

That's our 5 targets for the summer. They have to be the right players with aggression, pace and hunger. We have Ancelotti as manager so could we please give him what he needs.

Agree with this 100%.

We have a manger who needs to correct tools to win stuff but if we aren’t giving him them it why didn’t we get Moyes back.

Back him.

We are more desperate for a right back, midfielder and a wide forward before CB. Obviously if we would shift a fee and get a quality CB but concerned we aren't looking at the fatal weaknesses
Thing is that's your view though mate, Ancelotti may not see it the same, we have chopped and changed so much this season that we have no idea how he actually wants the team to setup down the line. Just need to go with it for the moment it's just rumours at the moment tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.