2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately I can’t see any team paying what we would ask for him.

can afford him but he doesn’t improve their team, same with UTD.

If he scores 20 goals again next season then maybe he’s worth it. This season for me is a one off and his overall game isn’t worth £80m.

I can't believe some of the posts in here. DCL is far from perfect but is the least of our problems. With 5 games to go he has 15 league goals he could still conceivably get 20. The service has been missing in a lot of games. He is a striker who thrives on service. The only game where I've been disappointed in him was Crystal Palace when he missed a couple of key chances that would have probably helped us win that game. We got him for £1.5 million as a rough diamond he is now probably 2nd choice England striker and if we chose to sell there would be no shortage of suitors. Some people would obviously rather go back to Niasse and Kone days.

City are struggling without him. Pep will be on the phone tomorrow. Might try and get Rory Delap out of retirement as well to play to his strengths instead of the tippy tappy stuff they play.

If he scores 20 goals again next season then maybe he’s worth it. This season for me is a one off and his overall game isn’t worth £80m.
One off? He’s scored 35 of his 51 goals for the club just in the last two seasons alone

Chelsea and City will have bigger targets and Cavani is signing an extension so dont think he will go anywhere this summer. We need to do better next year though as if he improves again and we dont he will more than likely be off

I can't believe some of the posts in here. DCL is far from perfect but is the least of our problems. With 5 games to go he has 15 league goals he could still conceivably get 20. The service has been missing in a lot of games. He is a striker who thrives on service. The only game where I've been disappointed in him was Crystal Palace when he missed a couple of key chances that would have probably helped us win that game. We got him for £1.5 million as a rough diamond he is now probably 2nd choice England striker and if we chose to sell there would be no shortage of suitors. Some people would obviously rather go back to Niasse and Kone days.

The same ones who lap up moyesies plucky underdog tag. Punching up.

Good, he's fine here and improving his game all the time. he will never be a complete striker but what he does well he does well so you try to maximise that. We need someone to share the burden for when he is in a barren patch.

I think he suits a particular style of play, wing play and crosses.

I don’t think he will ever suit intricate passes Etc, so I’m not sure his style of play would suit City or Chelsea. Just not their type of player.

However, I could see him fitting in at Utd who are a bit more blood and thunder.
In truth though, I can’t see anyone paying big money yet as he at least needs to repeat this seasons exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.