And Yet... Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kever10

Player Valuation: £15m
Every game goes by, we have many of the following talking points.

"Pickford is a liability. Poor positioning, poor feet, too small, passing atrocious, arrogant and lacks concentration. Sell, if we can."

"Coleman is finished. Been a good servant, but he's not up to it any more. Needs replacing as a number 1 priority. Get [Insert name] in from [Insert League]."

"Keane/Mina/Holgate (delete as appropriate) is a liability, an accident waiting to happen. Need a proper Centre half who can play a high line. Sell."

"Gomes is a fraud. He needs binning. Does nothing and is an absolute bottle job. Sell."

"Sigurdsson is awful. Absolute ghost. He's had his 1 good game every 3 months has he? Bin."

"Davies is sh*te. Absolute myth. Worst player to ever wear the shirt. What is the point in him. More bothered about fashion than football. Bin"

"Delph... LOL"

"Gbam-injured"

"Iwobi is useless. Biggest waste of money we've ever spent. What does he do? What is his position? Sell."

"Berna... Nope."

"Richarlison does my head in. Not good enough. Sulks too much. First touch is terrible, shooting is worse. Attitude stinks. I'd sell for whatever we can get."

"DCL is not good enough. Only scores tap ins. 20 goals isn't that good when you think about it. He could've scored 60. We can do better. Sell."

"King. Who?"

And yet...

Ancelotti is still a failure for somehow dragging anything out of this absolute horror show of a squad. Especially that midfield.

We basically have Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Doucoure and James who are (somewhat) free from Criticism. All 5 are Ancelotti/Brands picks and 4 of them joined a week before the season started. Only Godfrey has been available for more than 75% of our games, and the rest have been missing at various overlapping points through this weird, bullsh*t season.

Has it been perfect ? Absolutely not. But we've had some good moments.

There is still an outside possibility of Europe, with a squad that I would genuinely struggle to compare favourably with any other team in the top 10.

Its a long term project, and it's gonna take time, but honestly, have a bit of pause when you hammer the manager for not being good enough, and have a bit of patience. Because as frustrating as it is when we blow opportunities the way we keep doing, it must be even more frustrating for the manager who is made to look a mug by them week in week out. And for the time being, there's not an awful lot he can do about it.

P. S. I am aware that a lot of those opinions, especially Pickford and the Ghost, are mine. I stand by them.

Last edited:
Never been better set up for success in the prem than we are now. Manager is there, squad is not as bad as it was although it’s still poor but it’s improving window on window. Financial backing is there. New Stadium will be there.

We’ve never had a period in our prem history when we’ve had all these things coming together at once.

Perspective.

We are still, albeit, barely, in a battle for top 4, we have beat and matched the best teams in the league.

We can still claim a spot in Europe next season.

We still very much have something to play for, in May, things arent as bad as people would have you believe.
Disappointing result and performance but hopefully it’s a case of darkest before the dawn.

We're average to watch these days. It's frustrating.
We do have all our ducks lined up in terms of manager, money etc..
Yet still dire. Arghhhhhhhh

Every game goes by, we have many of the following talking points.

"Pickford is a liability. Poor positioning, poor feet, too small, passing atrocious, arrogant and lacks concentration. Sell, if we can."

"Coleman is finished. Been a good servant, but he's not up to it any more. Needs replacing as a number 1 priority. Get [Insert name] in from [Insert League]."

"Keane/Mina/Holgate (delete as appropriate) is a liability, an accident waiting to happen. Need a proper Centre half who can play a high line. Sell."

"Gomes is a fraud. He needs binning. Does nothing and is an absolute bottle job. Sell."

"Sigurdsson is awful. Absolute ghost. He's had his 1 good game every 3 months has he? Bin."

"Davies is sh*te. Absolute myth. Worst player to ever wear the shirt. What is the point in him. More bothered about fashion than football. Bin"

"Delph... LOL"

"Gbam-injured"

"Iwobi is useless. Biggest waste of money we've ever spent. What does he do? What is his position? Sell."

"Berna... Nope."

"Richarlison does my head in. Not good enough. Sulks too much. First touch is terrible, shooting is worse. Attitude stinks. I'd sell for whatever we can get."

"DCL is not good enough. Only scores tap ins. 20 goals isn't that good when you think about it. He could've scored 60. We can do better. Sell."

"King. Who?"

And yet...

Ancelotti is still a failure for somehow dragging anything out of this absolute horror show of a squad. Especially that midfield.

We basically have Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Doucoure and James who are (somewhat) free from Criticism. All 5 are Ancelotti/Brands picks and 4 of them joined a week before the season started. Only Godfrey has been available for more than 75% of our games, and the rest have been missing at various overlapping points through this weird, bullsh*t season.

Has it been perfect ? Absolutely not. But we've had some good moments.

There is still an outside possibility of Europe, with a squad that I would genuinely struggle to compare favourably with any other team in the top 10.

Its a long term project, and it's gonna take time, but honestly, have a bit of pause when you hammer the manager for not being good enough, and have a bit of patience. Because as frustrating as it is when we blow opportunities the way we keep doing, it must be even more frustrating for the manager who is made to look a mug by them week in week out. And for the time being, there's not an awful lot he can do about it.

P. S. I am aware that a lot of those opinions, especially Pickford and the Ghost, are mine. I stand by them.

This kind of eloquent posting and levelheaded reasoning will never catch on imo.

Let’s stick to, Carlo out. He’s a fraud. Stealing a living etc. etc. etc.

Kind of plainly obvious we wouldn't do well with the rest of our homes games. The good news we have to hold on to is the fact with fans in the stadium this wouldn't happen. Question is will our away form be anywhere close next season.

Thing is, you could just easily pick quotes about all those players that suggest the exact opposite and so put forward the same argument from the other angle. Richarlison, DCL, Mina, Holgate and Keane have all been praised to the high heavens at different times, they certainly aren’t universally accepted as not being good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.