Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else think if we shot properly the score would have been very different? Not saying we deserved anything but we had quite a few shots on goal

Reactions: Ivo

I really do wonder whether or not Carlo is capable of changing his way of thinking. He has been in the game a long time. The decisions he made today - both starting and subs (the individuals and the times) were, for me, retrograde. I really like the man. The manger I am not at all certain about. I hope I’m wrong.

Ooof...just watched this game after staying away from the result. Another bullshit performance from bullshit players. Iwobi is awful. Sig is too inconsistent (though not as god awful people make him out to be) across games. Richarlson is also hit or miss and he rolls around too much like a primadona. Pickford had a good game. Holgate had a very weak game. I could go on and on. The only consistency is Godfrey. On the whole, I didn't need to waste those 90+ minutes. Rubbish.

We literally need to ship out over half the squad

coleman
Mina
Holgate
Iwobi
Bernard
Gomes
Delph
Siggy
Davies
King
All need to go and is shop out richy and wouldn’t care if we cashed in on DLC while people have the illusion that he’s a top prem striker

Missing Doucoure horrendously, the midfield is horrendous going forward, Calvert-Lewin did more in the midfield than any of the midfielders

Ever considered that it might partly be the way the manager sets the side up? He thinks that playing football the old Italian way will bring success. Clearly it still does as a way of playing away games, but he's showing no signs of remedying the dreadful home tactics and performances.
You ask 'how does he fix this mess'. I suggest the first thing he's got to do is drop this defensive mindset.

this is where I’m giving Carlo the benefit of the doubt . I do t like the Italian , boring , defensive style but we tried playing a different way at the start of the season and these players couldn’t keep a clean sheet . You can’t press with players that can’t run, you can’t play in the opponents half with players that can’t pass or always pass backwards , you can’t pkay in the opponent’s half with players that have the top speed of someone that is running under water . As soon as one of our useless players gives the ball away none of our midfeilders bar dacoure have any chance of getting goal side and the other team is running straight at our back line. We can’t pkay on the break as we have no pace , no guts , can’t pass forward and DCl and richy choose the wrong option 9/10 times. I am putting faith in Carlo purely down to his track record and the fact I have watched some of these players put in the same gutless, passionless , spineless performances for 4 different managers. Brands has been here long enough and I would understand him getting criticism as Gomes, delph, Bernard , king, iwobi, gomes are all terrible signings and Mina is hardly a resounding success. Carlo has earned the right to have the benefit of the doubt for his past achievements , I just hope he isn’t like morinho and his approach is out dated and doesn’t work anymore.

How Carlo has gotten anything out of these players is up with his best achievements .
I understand the dismay at another loss at home ,another chance to jump up the league with still one game in hand and the chance to get above Liverpool yet again .
Is there anyone on here that believes hand on heart that this group are in fact good enough to finish in the European places .If there is then I give up .
Some on here are doubting Carlo ,some of the ones who rejoice at a win .The simple truth is that the squad does not deserve to be any higher than they are and no manager can make a player run faster -tackle( yes that is you Siggy) or be more skilled than they are .They are just not good enough to be better .
It is obvious if you listen to Carlo that there will be an influx of players in the summer and we can only hope some that are under contract now will be shown the door and a lot that have their contracts until the summer go as well .
We must remember some of the wins we have had this year to put the records to rest ,that I hope shows Carlo's tactical awareness enough to leave him from criticism until he has at least half the team of his liking.

How Carlo has gotten anything out of these players is up with his best achievements .
I understand the dismay at another loss at home ,another chance to jump up the league with still one game in hand and the chance to get above Liverpool yet again .
Is there anyone on here that believes hand on heart that this group are in fact good enough to finish in the European places .If there is then I give up .
Some on here are doubting Carlo ,some of the ones who rejoice at a win .The simple truth is that the squad does not deserve to be any higher than they are and no manager can make a player run faster -tackle( yes that is you Siggy) or be more skilled than they are .They are just not good enough to be better .
It is obvious if you listen to Carlo that there will be an influx of players in the summer and we can only hope some that are under contract now will be shown the door and a lot that have their contracts until the summer go as well .
We must remember some of the wins we have had this year to put the records to rest ,that I hope shows Carlo's tactical awareness enough to leave him from criticism until he has at least half the team of his liking.
Well said mate, you can't turn a tomato into a Strawberry, not even Carlo.
17 months he's been here and working with poor players. He will need this summer and the summer after to stamp the team as his own.
I think we'll improve next season, and the season after I would be expecting or hoping for great things.

Status
Not open for further replies.