Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Friday 23rd, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One concern last night, Dom reaction after the ball past the line was absolutely disgrace, instead of celebrating team mates goal he is questioning Richi with poor body language why you didn’t pass me the ball ....Dom work hard I have to admit but also lately I noticed a lot of selfishness in his game towards Richi , must say disappointed with Dom, I hope he didn’t start to think in his head that he is bigger than our club
I think its reciprocal to be fair. Both capable players but the chemistry hasn’t been there for a while now.

....a little surprised to see Pickford MoM. One terrific save and it’s refreshing to see him looking ‘safe’ but he was very well protected for most of the match, particularly Godfrey was excellent ahead of him.

i also thought the much maligned Coleman played very well, Holgate improved for playing alongside Godfrey but I would be a little concerned against teams with greater aerial threat. Major problem is the lack of running power and mobility in central midfield, I think that’ll be why we fall short this season.
We have stuck In there all Season without the rub of the green on the injury front. I’m convinced if we would have had a fit Allan and Doucoure we would have been in a driving seat for a Top 4 position. It would be nice to have Doucoure back for West Ham.

If he doesn't make that save eggs its a point from a winning position. I had Cokeman as my motm until that point.

It was a match winning save so deserves motm for that.

It was an awful match but you are correct we were solid and protected him well. A big sufferance yesterday was being tight, keeping the clean sheet which gave us the platform fir a win.

Played far better against Spurs and Palace but defenses lapses and poor finishing cost us. Not much of that on show last night.

Same reasoning I gave Pickford MOTM, I was thinking Godfrey but that save was crucial, we come away with a point from a winning position again at this point in the season then heads drop and the season is over, a massive 3 points and a massive save from Pickford has kept the slight chance of Europe alive, I'm sure the team will be buzzing now and believing they can pull something off

I thought on the whole we nullified Arsenals threat. I was actually more concerned with Smith Rowe and Saka prior the game than I was with Aubamayang and to a lesser extent Lacasette. Aubamayang has been dreadful and lazy this Season when I’ve watched him in an Arsenal shirt. We could have been better 2nd half but I think we carried a greater threat in the final. A tough watch but 3pts and we move on.

Tbh seeing us grind out results when our team is falling apart and the chips are down gives me hope for next season if we can strengthen and avoid this kind of injury crisis
Keep them fit and add a few good signings and can see us being a real problem

feel sorry for arteta for how it’s going; think it was the wrong side at the wrong time for him to manage, still hold a candle for him like

Same reasoning I gave Pickford MOTM, I was thinking Godfrey but that save was crucial, we come away with a point from a winning position again at this point in the season then heads drop and the season is over, a massive 3 points and a massive save from Pickford has kept the slight chance of Europe alive, I'm sure the team will be buzzing now and believing they can pull something off

There's no more room for any errors due to the last 5 games without a win so for me, every game is now must win. Last night was absolute must win to stretch the gap away from Arsenal plus keep us in the mix for Europe.

Another draw would have just continued to see us stagger along missing another opportunity to keep up. I think the rs have a very easy run in apart from the mancs away and Cheoesea have a squad they can rotate at will and lose very little quality

So we need to be in touching distance of West Ham for when we play them and keep Spurs close to us. Hopefully we will then qualify for Europe so yes for me, that one save was the difference between waving goodbye to Europe or hanging in there fir another week.

We are at the business end if the season now and we really need the players to put one last massive effort and they'll be rewarded with some form of European football if they do.

Didn’t enjoy watching it but loved the winning feeling. The defence got a clean sheet and we spawned a winning goal,which is a vast improvement on the previous 5 games.
I went with Pickford for mom due to that last minute save but Coleman was excellent last night. I thought James played far too deep last night.

One concern last night, Dom reaction after the ball past the line was absolutely disgrace, instead of celebrating team mates goal he is questioning Richi with poor body language why you didn’t pass me the ball ....Dom work hard I have to admit but also lately I noticed a lot of selfishness in his game towards Richi , must say disappointed with Dom, I hope he didn’t start to think in his head that he is bigger than our club
Don’t make out something that wasn’t there, it was genuine surprise that it had gone in as no one was expecting it

There's no more room for any errors due to the last 5 games without a win so for me, every game is now must win. Last night was absolute must win to stretch the gap away from Arsenal plus keep us in the mix for Europe.

Another draw would have just continued to see us stagger along missing another opportunity to keep up. I think the rs have a very easy run in apart from the mancs away and Cheoesea have a squad they can rotate at will and lose very little quality

So we need to be in touching distance of West Ham for when we play them and keep Spurs close to us. Hopefully we will then qualify for Europe so yes for me, that one save was the difference between waving goodbye to Europe or hanging in there fir another week.

We are at the business end if the season now and we really need the players to put one last massive effort and they'll be rewarded with some form of European football if they do.
Now would be an unbelievable time to go on a winning streak and get a bit of luck as well on the way.
It's criminal when you look at the points dropped at home

Now would be an unbelievable time to go on a winning streak and get a bit of luck as well on the way.
It's criminal when you look at the points dropped at home
Most clubs will be saying that this season, it's been a weird one. Just have to be grateful we're still in with a chance of Europe and push on from here.

I thought we were OK in the 1st half, 2nd half we were awful. Even James was off it with the passing and dwelling on the ball.

But we stuck in there and got that one moment of luck. It is nice to see a team with backbone and a bit of heart.

I understand Pickford because he had that one match saving moment but all match Holgate & Godfrey were superb. I gave it to Godfrey but it was a close run thing between the 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.