Everton - Founder Members of the Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
....sorry, Matey, just picking up on this. My understanding is there were 12 Founding Members of the English Football League in 1888;

Accrington FC
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Derby County
Everton
Notts County
Preston North End
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Not one of the self-proclaimed ‘Big Six’ were there at the start yet could’ve been responsible for the finish.

The achievement & standing of these 12 clubs should be recognised & celebrated.

Mad the demographic how it's 50/50 teams in the North-West and the midlands.

The working-class game and don't anyone ever forget it!

....sorry, Matey, just picking up on this. My understanding is there were 12 Founding Members of the English Football League in 1888;

Accrington FC
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Derby County
Everton
Notts County
Preston North End
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Not one of the self-proclaimed ‘Big Six’ were there at the start yet could’ve been responsible for the finish.

Sadly the original Accrington FC does not exist. Stanley were formed later

Accrington FC
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Derby County
Everton
Notts County
Preston North End
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Fat Sam's target market.

Posters on here will know I frequently point out our status as one of the founder members of English football is swept under the carpet. It’s such a magnificent achievement, I have suggested that founder member clubs should have permanent insignia on their shirts to commemorate their status in the game.

With the rotten core that has risen in the last days, the timing could be right for the FA & PL to stop kissing the feet of the ‘Big Six’ and acknowledge the debt owed to clubs like Everton who continue to uphold the values of the game in 2021 just as they did when they were signatories to the birth of our great game so long ago.

They can have their self-acclaimed ‘Big Six’ tag, it’s about time we were recognised as one of the Originals, one of the greats. We should start a campaign.

Having The Originals in our insignia or on merchandise is a really good idea.

....I’ve received a response from Jaz Bal from the Everton Fans Forum;

’Thanks for taking time to e-Mail. I think it’s a brilliant idea & will raise to the club at our next meeting (29th April).’
The major part of the fans forum meetings with the club at present will obviously be discussing the Governments fan led review of football. (as shown in todays email from Jazz Bal) However, he did state to you that he would raise the matter of commemorating 'the originals' at the April 29th meeting. I was just wondering if he has provided any feedback on this?

The major part of the fans forum meetings with the club at present will obviously be discussing the Governments fan led review of football. (as shown in todays email from Jazz Bal) However, he did state to you that he would raise the matter of commemorating 'the originals' at the April 29th meeting. I was just wondering if he has provided any feedback on this?

...he did, Kev. The matter was raised & they thought it needed somebody to co-ordinate with fans forums from other founder member clubs rather than Everton to go solo.

It would need somebody willing to give some time to run with this. I doubt anybody would but at least it was discussed and given consideration.

...he did, Kev. The matter was raised & they thought it needed somebody to co-ordinate with fans forums from other founder member clubs rather than Everton to go solo.

It would need somebody willing to give some time to run with this. I doubt anybody would but at least it was discussed and given consideration.
I'm glad he at least got back to you. ;)
I agree absolutely that the other original teams should be involved, rather than it being just an Everton issue.
I hope that there is somebody out there who has the time and resources to at least broach the subject with them. It's surely a topic that all the eligible clubs would support.

Status
Not open for further replies.