Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1618946819479.jpg

As Paul Daniels (a British magician cum comedian - for your benefit, Sassy) once said...'And that's magic!' Like a pack of cards it all comes tumbling down thanks to Farhad and Denise. Kudos where it's due. We must now be everyone's second favourite club after this debacle. Saviours of the beautiful game. It fair brings a year to your eye.

Hang on. They have all signed 23 year binding agreements to play in the ESL.

JP Morgan are going to hammer them in the courts.
Smartest Shop on the block as Too Big to Fail puts it. JP were getting paid either way and I am almost certain they saw this scenario playing out as the quickest route to carving these scabs right up.

Oh please may this be true. I hope whoever was fundamental in creating the contract had pecuniary penalty clauses built in for anyone defaulting. Sweet justice if this costs them all tens of £millions and drags on in the courts for years and years wasting even more money.
God I love this club of ours,hate it as well at times lol lol lol
If we could be as good on the pitch as we are off of it, we would be the best club in the world.

The six of them broke PL rules by signing up to another competition. They should be punished. They probably won't.
Four of them (and Madrid) are still in Uefa competitions. They should be punished. They probably won't.

Nonsense on BBC comments, people congratulating Chelsea for trying to wriggle their way out of it, after the world turned against them of course. These clubs signed up to it, nobody was forced or duped, nobody involved is stupid. Coming back with tails between the legs isn't heroic. They are all a rabid bunch of greedy, sleazy, crooked, self-serving rats.

For once I'm all for cancel culture.

We are a class team about how we care about the game, I hope when this super league is over all 6 teams are punished in some way. Transfer ban and European ban, that could work in out favour and allow us to catch these teams up, it would be there own fault but every cloud has a silver lining, we would deserve that for being a great football and people club. COYB.
Nice thought but no chance of that happening imo. Any punishment will be minor as PL and UEFA will want their cash cows back happy and milking!

Nice thought but no chance of that happening imo. Any punishment will be minor as PL and UEFA will want their cash cows back happy and milking!
Unfortunately your probably right, I still can’t get my head round them signing up for it. I’m Everton through and through but I think if they had wanted in I’d have had to dis own them. Those 6 showed zero respect to the rest of the premier league teams and teams below that tbh I’m disgusted by there actions.

Just wish we'd made no comment. Any statement has the sound of excuses for not going to a party you were never invited to.

Really? To the cynical fans maybe. But from what I can see EFC has been applauded all over.

Playing devil's advocate even if we were wanting to be invited and were seething because we were not,
the response put's Everton on the right side of this when the scum 6 are the baddies.

Anyway I just sent an email to the club to tell them to make sure these teams don't go unpunished for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.