Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....such a shame the CBs were inept. As I continue to say, Godfrey is our no1 CB and should start there every game. It’s a matter of who plays alongside. I can understand the decision to play him right side to nullify the Son threat, but we don’t concede either goal if he’s central.

In a game we should’ve won, this was more about poor defending than Richarlison missing a clear chance. Sigurdsson played terrific, his 2nd goal was magnificent and deserved to be the winner.

Godfrey was very good against Son. I dont think Son had any joy at all. Not sure Holgate can do that against Son.

Keane and Holgate were both extremely poor and made huge errors. They didn't actually have much to do either and thats disappointing.

2 points dropped and a manager let down by elementary mistakes.

Massive improvement on recent performances,really should have won by a couple of goals,but poor defending on a couple of run of the mills crosses cost us,the whole of the midfield with the exception of Iwobi played well,my MOTM was Davies but could easily go to 2/3 other players

I know this will sound odd, but what did Kane do today other than tap in to perfectly laid on assists?

I wish someone made chances as clear for DCL as Keane did for Kane tonight.

I'm not sure I said DCL was miles better either, just that he would get more open play goals. Keane hasnt helped tonight perfectly assisting Kane to 2 tap ins. I had factored in our defenders not doing that.
I’m not sure DCL scores either of those ‘tap ins’ in all honesty. But then Kane is a world class player and goal scorer.

Happy to accept its all about opinions but I think you’re stretching it with “his best performance if the season”. Think that might have been Tottenham away right at the beginning.

I’m not knocking James by the way, I love him, can’t believe he’s here and I think he’ll get better with better players around him (hopefully) next season" Just don’t think he was mom tonight.

Fair enough. I thought davies and allan were excellent. The thing about siggy is he had his poor moments but produced when it mattered.

Its a decent discussion to have rather that moaning about the defensive mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.