Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of you decide James is man of the match as soon as you see his name on the team sheet. He had ten minutes in each half but over the full game Siggurdson was man of the match by a long way. And I’m no fan of Siggurdson usually.

Yeah your right. We get all starry eyed and turn into teenage girls at a one direction concert. We dont actually watch the match and see a man who a clearly a cut above every other player on the pitch turn in his best performance of the season. Siggy had a great game and scored a beauty and was a long way from his recent displays. James was a cut above for me

Just a shame 2 defensive lapses gave the best striker in the league 2 easy chances.

Good performance and deserved the win but you don't win when the defence shoots itself in the foot not once but twice and we continue to miss gilt edge chances that professional footballers should score easily.

Played well tonight far the better team but you cannot defend like that at any level and expect to get away with it
Neither Keane or holgate will be first choice next season squad players at best

Sadly we say this every year mate.

"This time next year Andre Gomes wont be near the first team"

"This time next year Seamus Coleman will be 2nd choice RB"

And so on and so on. We desperately need to throw a lot of money at this squad and be ruthless - get rid of the players not good enough.

Yeah your right. We get all starry eyed and turn into teenage girls at a one direction concert. We dont actually watch the match and see a man who a clearly a cut above every other player on the pitch turn in his best performance of the season. Siggy had a great game and scored a beauty and was a long way from his recent displays. James was a cut above for me

Just a shame 2 defensive lapses gave the best striker in the league 2 easy chances.
I think siggy played the way he did tonight because of James.

Keane closed his eyes and just ducked his head down to the ball. That wasn't a professional footballers header. If he'd gone with his foot or even with an ounce of control with his head we'd still be winning this game.
Holgate certainly didn't do him any favours though, there was no way he was ever getting near that cross.
It would t have mattered whether he headed it or got a boot on it because Holgate elected to not only ignore the shout of Keane but continue to back peddle and go for a ball he had no right to. Keane closed his eyes as he realised Holgate was running into him.
Also the first goal was Holgate.’s poor marking!!

I'm happy about the game tonight because although we dominated most of the match we showed real fight.

Two mistakes at the back were punished by the best striker in the world. He could name his price anywhere now.

Happy to accept its all about opinions but I think you’re stretching it with “his best performance if the season”. Think that might have been Tottenham away right at the beginning.

I’m not knocking James by the way, I love him, can’t believe he’s here and I think he’ll get better with better players around him (hopefully) next season" Just don’t think he was mom tonight.

Hey @catcherintherye how’s that claim that DCL is ‘miles better’ than Kane working out for you?

I know this will sound odd, but what did Kane do today other than tap in to perfectly laid on assists?

I wish someone made chances as clear for DCL as Keane did for Kane tonight.

I'm not sure I said DCL was miles better either, just that he would get more open play goals. Keane hasnt helped tonight perfectly assisting Kane to 2 tap ins. I had factored in our defenders not doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.