2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost his man so did Keane. It happens, happens more when you are in a unfamiliar position.
If you're playing Right Back and the Striker drifts to the right, hes your man.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a dig Godfrey out conversastion.

I just think replacing Coleman with Godfrey cant be considered a terrible sub, which is what others have claimed.

If you're playing Right Back and the Striker drifts to the right, hes your man.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a dig Godfrey out conversastion.

I just think replacing Coleman with Godfrey cant be considered a terrible sub, which is what others have claimed.
He was playing wing-back but yes of course he made an error. It wasn't a terrible sub as much as all of his subs gave Palace the momentum but that's tactical and also the mentality of our players we hardly ever kick on when we are on top we sit in and protect. We came unstuck last night it's not sustainable but we have to look at chances missed too.

Ancelotti's impact I hope will be far greater than just his league position:

- A win at Anfield
- Positive mentality and a more brave, grown-up attitude.
- A 'bigger person' mentality - he doesn't make excuses, despite the absence of at least one out of Allan, Doucoure, James at all times, as well as DCL, Mina, Digne, Coleman, Pickford on several occassions - all first choice.
- Calm manner well in control
- Improved a few players - DCL, Keane, Holgate, Davies for starters
- Seems to really want to improve, make Everton better, and stay for more than his current contract.
- If he stays for at least 3 years, we will get another few Allan calibre players and maybe one more in the elite category if we get into Europe.

He has brought a change in attitude, profile and seriousness to Everton, and if we take advantage of this we'll see a much bigger improvement. I know everyone has the same excuse, but this season has for some reasons been a write off, and for us in transition it's hard. i know the Away form might flip again, but just imagine if we were at Goodison, some of those draws and losses would have been turned around by the crowd - at least 4-5 points for sure!
May I also add his ability to attract better players than we currently have. Good players want to come to Everton primarily because they want to play for Carlo

Dis Carlo guy stinks! Bring back Fat Sam and his trusty assistant Lee!
I don’t think any of us would be able to tell the difference between the football on show tbh.

Be quite mad if Ancelotti doesn’t beat Allardyce’s finish of 8th in both of his seasons here.

May I also add his ability to attract better players than we currently have. Good players want to come to Everton primarily because they want to play for Carlo

Yeah of course. That's what I meant by Allan-calibre and James-calibre players - they're only coming for him!

I don’t think any of us would be able to tell the difference between the football on show tbh.

Be quite mad if Ancelotti doesn’t beat Allardyce’s finish of 8th in both of his seasons here.
Jesus man we are still better than anything Fat Samuel turned out

No fans in the home crowd so even though I have criticisms its hard to judge Carlo against other managers, as it's a weird season. I am guessing when fans come back our home form improves and our away declines a bit but that still leaves us in a better place. We need to wait and give Carlo time if he can't do it then Everton is officially cursed.

Your hero Big Sam got 49 points.

Carlo currently has 47.

So don't worry, he will do better than Sam.
Fat Sam isn’t a hero of mine. He’s one of the worst things I’ve seen at Everton. The fact Ancelotti may finish below what that slob managed, with a better squad, just shows how poorly this dinosaur is performing.

No fans in the home crowd so even though I have criticisms its hard to judge Carlo against other managers, as it's a weird season. I am guessing when fans come back our home form improves and our away declines a bit but that still leaves us in a better place. We need to wait and give Carlo time if he can't do it then Everton is officially cursed.
I’d say if peak Carlo couldn’t sort us out you’d have a point, not this washed up hasbeen we have on the touchline.

He got sacked from Napoli before here remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.