Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all we need to do. Hang onto our best players, sell or loan out the crap and buy 2 or 3 top players for key positions. RB, CM and GK imo.

Unfortunately, I think the GK thing is just an impossible situation for us given that no team will match what we paid for Pickford or pay his wages. Nor will we invest heavily in a new keeper and have Pickford picking up the best part of 100k pw to sit on the bench. Our best hope is he has a terrific Euros and then someone fancies him but just can't see it myself.

So with that in mind I think we need a wide-attacker along with the RB and CB you mentioned.

Unfortunately, I think the GK thing is just an impossible situation for us given that no team will match what we paid for Pickford or pay his wages. Nor will we invest heavily in a new keeper and have Pickford picking up the best part of 100k pw to sit on the bench. Our best hope is he has a terrific Euros and then someone fancies him but just can't see it myself.

So with that in mind I think we need a wide-attacker along with the RB and CB you mentioned.
Considering Olsens situation and what happened he's probably leaving and the likely hood is Virginia will be going out on loan to a Championship /lower prem club so I can see us being in the market for a keeper for sure. Whether thats a solid 2nd choice or actual competition for Pickford who knows.

Sorry, bit slow today. Is this saying that instead of Olsen (is it now confirmed he’s off?) we are in for Meret for 20 mill?

Its Euros so £17mil...

I posted a while ago that i think he'd probably be available for £15mil however the usual 'know it all' few on here shot me down and derailed the discussion...

Olsen isnt mentioned as being on/off anywhere but i dont think hes very good.

Unless that Back up keeper is good enough to eventually be number one

The fee makes sense as well...he's better than Pope who some on here would pay silly money for lol

We frequently have players on £100k+ sitting on the bench.

Considering Olsens situation and what happened he's probably leaving and the likely hood is Virginia will be going out on loan to a Championship /lower prem club so I can see us being in the market for a keeper for sure. Whether thats a solid 2nd choice or actual competition for Pickford who knows.

Not sure if Olsen is leaving...nothing new since he said he wanted to stay.

Gutted for him personally but professionally i dont see why we would sign him.

We have plenty of players sitting on the bench picking up 100k a week.

By my calculations lol Pickfords value to Everton is Now 12mil. Top clubs probably wouldn’t want him, there’s plenty of mid table clubs paying a 100k a week to their players. Amd you potentially have a keeper for 8/9yrs

Koulibally linked again this am with Mina exiting.
I worry about this signing.
Clearly he was / is highly rated but interesting that no elite club has come in for him.
It will be a very expensive signing in terms of fee and wages and given the egocentricity of the Napoli owner this one could drag on all summer and become distracting in respect of other potential targets.

Koulibally linked again this am with Mina exiting.
I worry about this signing.
Clearly he was / is highly rated but interesting that no elite club has come in for him.
It will be a very expensive signing in terms of fee and wages and given the egocentricity of the Napoli owner this one could drag on all summer and become distracting in respect of other potential targets.
I think you’ve answered your own question, regarding their owner. Apparently he was very close to joining city last summer. I’m sure they even broke the news on their website. But something happened and it fell through.

Look at Allan Napoli wanted 70/80mil for him off PSG. 18months before we paid 20 for him.

The only other player Napoli could get more money for is probably Ruiz and at 25 they will think, if the market gets back to normal in a year or two, they could get big money for him. I know they paid 80 for that young striker last summer, but I doubt they would sell him after one season.

Who knows where Napoli are financially. That’s not to say I think we would buy him or he would come

We buy a keeper in every transfer window. It's nailed on.

We have plenty of players sitting on the bench picking up 100k a week.

By my calculations lol Pickfords value to Everton is Now 12mil. Top clubs probably wouldn’t want him, there’s plenty of mid table clubs paying a 100k a week to their players. Amd you potentially have a keeper for 8/9yrs
There's not many midtable clubs paying £100k a week to goalkeepers though. And there's not many clubs who'd be stupid enough to pay a big transfer fee for a player who we'd be desperate to get off the wage bill.

I think you’ve answered your own question, regarding their owner. Apparently he was very close to joining city last summer. I’m sure they even broke the news on their website. But something happened and it fell through.

Look at Allan Napoli wanted 70/80mil for him off PSG. 18months before we paid 20 for him.

The only other player Napoli could get more money for is probably Ruiz and at 25 they will think, if the market gets back to normal in a year or two, they could get big money for him. I know they paid 80 for that young striker last summer, but I doubt they would sell him after one season.

Who knows where Napoli are financially. That’s not to say I think we would buy him or he would come
Koulibaly was linked with every big team going over the last few years but Napoli refused to sell. Could well be a different situation now, suppose time will tell.

I would be a bit surprised if we spent major money on a 30 year old but I guess if we could get 2 or 3 years out of him at an elite level and he helped develop the younger CBs in the squad it would make sense. If he’s available at a knock down price there will be more teams than us after him though.

Andrea Belotti only has a year on his contract and rumoured to be available for €35mil.

Another Centre forward linked is Lautaro Martinez at Inter who can also play deeper.

Then we have Pedro Neto as a second expensive option who has played multiple wide positions this season and also switched to centre forward when needed...the same as Ismaila Sarr at Watford.

Antony is someone i like at Ajax who always plays wide but seems to be the type to play at 10 as well.

If Kean does move to PSG for £42.9mil++ then it will be interesting if we go for a pure centre forward like Belotti or someone that can play multiple attacking positions.
Would absolutely love Belotti

Koulibaly was linked with every big team going over the last few years but Napoli refused to sell. Could well be a different situation now, suppose time will tell.

I would be a bit surprised if we spent major money on a 30 year old but I guess if we could get 2 or 3 years out of him at an elite level and he helped develop the younger CBs in the squad it would make sense. If he’s available at a knock down price there will be more teams than us after him though.
I think this would be a Moshiri/Usmanov signing as much as a CA signing.

This is a player that is regarded as one of the very best in his position in the world. It would be a major statement for him to join a club who will not even be in the CL.
It would also be a major statement about the ambitions of Everton FC , even more imo than the signing of JR.

I feel it is unlikely because we already have some very good players in that position and also I feel the deal would swallow up an enormous amount of our budget, if not all of it... unless we manage to shift some players that actually have a transfer value. Would Koulibaly transfer to a non CL club ?

I think this would be a Moshiri/Usmanov signing as much as a CA signing.

This is a player that is regarded as one of the very best in his position in the world. It would be a major statement for him to join a club who will not even be in the CL.
It would also be a major statement about the ambitions of Everton FC , even more imo than the signing of JR.

I feel it is unlikely because we already have some very good players in that position and also I feel the deal would swallow up an enormous amount of our budget, if not all of it... unless we manage to shift some players that actually have a transfer value. Would Koulibaly transfer to a non CL club ?
I think he would be signing to help us get champions league football. Give him a 4 yr deal on good money. He wouid be only 33, nearly 34 at the end of his 4th season. That’s not that old for a CB. Silva 36 and Ramos 35 still playing at the top level

Status
Not open for further replies.