New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've got the Strava app on my phone and I've been using it since the start of the year as I am doing a lot of walking after finishing work (at home). On average it takes me 18 minutes to do a mile. Google says it is 2.3 miles, so it would take me more or less the 38 minutes suggested by Google. If you are a quicker walker, then obviously less. Not that I'll be walking from Lime Street station in any case but I've found the suggested time on Google it takes to walk between 2 points uncannily accurate for my pace.
Maybe google knows the pace you walk at by using location services and gps on your phone

Would be nice to get some comms this week from Chong or DBB on next steps. From the Echo and other bits and bobs looks like getting contracts with Peel finalised and getting finance agreed and in place are the next things to happen, would be good to see those tied up quickly and get an idea of when the groundwork proper is expected to start.
I would expect all this has been done for a while
Will be announced soon I would imagine

I think there are still concerns about Covid right now. I mean, at this current moment there is a ban in place that prevents fans from attending stadia.

Hopefully there will be changes and progress in this regard in the near future. But the current conditions are clearly not congruent to a business plan that involves spending half a billion pound on a new stadium.

Nobody will lend a penny to such a development unless the current restrictions disappear fast!
Have you heard about the Governmemts radical plan to vaccinate people against Covid 19
There has been a bit about it in the media recently

I've got the Strava app on my phone and I've been using it since the start of the year as I am doing a lot of walking after finishing work (at home). On average it takes me 18 minutes to do a mile. Google says it is 2.3 miles, so it would take me more or less the 38 minutes suggested by Google. If you are a quicker walker, then obviously less. Not that I'll be walking from Lime Street station in any case but I've found the suggested time on Google it takes to walk between 2 points uncannily accurate for my pace.

I'm not the best runner but on average it takes me 15 minutes to RUN a mile. If I was to walk at that speed I could enter walking competitions. Or funny walks.
Ministry of Silly Walks

I was of this opinion & thought BMD would not move an inch until there was a clear roadmap out of Covid and an understanding of what the new normal will be like. My concern was this might take a year or two, but I believe the vaccine rollout has underpined that we will get back to the old normal and as such finance will be available, given the long term nature of delivery of a stadium
The mask slips even further

Which is good news and enhances confidence with regards to risk assessment. There is an asterik within that 'road map', though.

I want to go on holiday and I want Everton to realise a new stadium as soon as possible. I just though the current worldwide pandemic resulting from a mutating virus may feature in an investors risk assessment, that's all.
The only asterisk is beside last years title winners

I'm not the best runner but on average it takes me 15 minutes to RUN a mile. If I was to walk at that speed I could enter walking competitions. Or funny walks.
Ministry of Silly Walks
EA81BBB1-78E1-482E-99D9-58317D166535.png