New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think there are still concerns about Covid right now. I mean, at this current moment there is a ban in place that prevents fans from attending stadia.

Hopefully there will be changes and progress in this regard in the near future. But the current conditions are clearly not congruent to a business plan that involves spending half a billion pound on a new stadium.

Nobody will lend a penny to such a development unless the current restrictions disappear fast!

I think there are still concerns about Covid right now. I mean, at this current moment there is a ban in place that prevents fans from attending stadia.

Hopefully there will be changes and progress in this regard in the near future. But the current conditions are clearly not congruent to a business plan that involves spending half a billion pound on a new stadium.

Nobody will lend a penny to such a development unless the current restrictions disappear fast!

Its never been better to lend money, and if all the talk is true and its affectively being guarenteed by Usmanov, then the borrowing of money is and was always the easiest part of this whole project.

What so many reds need to ignore, is that this massive project is 'Everton'.....Instead its a standard private dvelopment, run by world leading business men. this re-gen and buiding of economies is going to boom over the next few years.

Covid happening means more money will be spent, economy is boosted by spending, not saving or cutting back.

Look at the housing market....its flying and house prices have risen due to massive demand.

I purchased a house in december myself, seller wanted 10% over market value.

Everyone is allowed their own viewpoint but I think you'll find this will be proved wrong in a few weeks. The stadium isn't opening tomorrow and by the time it does covid will be manageable.

They are still selling tickets for music events at Bramley Moore for the rest of the year, they use the warehouses on the site I believe.

I mean.... no... but nice of you to join in!

I was of this opinion & thought BMD would not move an inch until there was a clear roadmap out of Covid and an understanding of what the new normal will be like. My concern was this might take a year or two, but I believe the vaccine rollout has underpined that we will get back to the old normal and as such finance will be available, given the long term nature of delivery of a stadium

Have any evidence to support this, out of interest?

It's never been easier for a company to take on low-cost debt than right now. Poorly-run companies can take on debt to fund their day-to-day activities, so we'll have absolutely no worries getting our hands on money to build something tangible.

Everyone is allowed their own viewpoint but I think you'll find this will be proved wrong in a few weeks. The stadium isn't opening tomorrow and by the time it does covid will be manageable.

Of course, I hope you are correct.

Its never been better to lend money, and if all the talk is true and its affectively being guarenteed by Usmanov, then the borrowing of money is and was always the easiest part of this whole project.

What so many reds need to ignore, is that this massive project is 'Everton'.....Instead its a standard private dvelopment, run by world leading business men. this re-gen and buiding of economies is going to boom over the next few years.

Covid happening means more money will be spent, economy is boosted by spending, not saving or cutting back.

Look at the housing market....its flying and house prices have risen due to massive demand.

I purchased a house in december myself, seller wanted 10% over market value.

I don't disagree with any of that, and the favourable conditions you speak about would be of real benefit.

I'm just making the point about the current state of affairs. At this present moment there is an unprescedented ban on fans attending stadia. Even the most brightest of predictions involve a maximum of 10,000 attendees in the forseeable future. There will need to be a significant change in public health policy to make anyone, including Usmanov., invest in a 500 million pound stadium without a drastic change to current policy.

With the vaccine rollout and encouraging figures regarding prevalence, morbidity and mortality, then there may be good reason to be confident and hopeful about a change in the current state of affairs. But without that change, the whole stadium is a no go.

Have any evidence to support this, out of interest?

It's never been easier for a company to take on low-cost debt than right now. Poorly-run companies can take on debt to fund their day-to-day activities, so we'll have absolutely no worries getting our hands on money to build something tangible.

I don't have any evidence. I just have a feeling that a ban on attending sporting events may have an adverse impact on a business plan that involves the development of a stadium with a capacity of 50,000 at a cost of half a billion pound.

If the current conditions are on their way to being consigned to the past then things will be fine. But even the planned alleviation of the current restrictions so that 10,000 people can attend would not be congruent with the Bramley Moore business plan, no matter how cheap borrowing might be right now.

The restrictions would have to be removed entirely. We would have to be living in a post covid restrictions world.

No mate, this is exactly the time to invest, making an opportunity of the situation, global doldrums, raw materials, labour can all be sourced at a better cost than when the economy is flying, we have a 200 year lease on the dock, fannying around for 18 months is utterly pointless. Get it built, there is absolutely no sensible reason to delay now, I estimate that it is all systems go behind the scenes now.

While I agree with all the imagery, I simply don't think a ferry terminal will be worth the expenditure and/or offer the reliability of service required.

It's all well and good on a Saturday match at 3pm in fair to good weather, but what about night matches or when the weather is rough in the winter?

From what I can tell, the last service is nearly 7pm, so unless they allow a special match timetable and some funding the club it doesn't feel a viable option.

If, a big if, Liverpool Waters kicks off like Peel want it to be may it be a viable route, but I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

I'd be more inclined to hope Merseytravel and the club invest in the bus and rail routes, be that extra services or potentially even a new station before Sandhills.

Yeah, the club aren't gonna get involved in ferry links for a variety of reasons:

-Space. We're not gonna use a chunk of the site to accommodate a small percentage of fans getting to the ground.

- It's not in our financial interest. How many fans can you even fit on to a ferry? And is it likely to significantly increase attendance figures? The answers to those two questions are, not that many as a percentage of capacity, and no.

- As a club led facility, it could only be expected to be in operation 19-30 times a year.

As you say, it might be something for Merseytravel, the council, Peel, and Mersey Ferries to look at, but I doubt they'd be getting a chance of a terminal on the footprint that Everton will be occupying.

Last edited: