New Everton Stadium Discussion

I doubt the sponsorship will be all paid in advance. The private finance figure will be around the 350 to 400 million and the sponsorship money will be used to pay down the loan year on year.
Agreed, but it still covers half the debt. The only debt we would really need to “worry about” is the £200m.

To be fair it’s actually more beneficial for the sponsorship to come in on a yearly basis, for whatever version of FFP is around at the time.

Putting your name down for a couple in a fit of optimism (and wine) 4 or more years ago...like me...and coughing up for them in 2024 are two different things.
Perhaps many will take up the option for year 1, but how many will keep them up year on year on year?
So I'd take that 17,000 with a pinch of salt - until they're actually bought.
Then there's ongoing social distancing to take on board - how long will that last?

But it's got the GO for launch.
And, we assume, the finance is all in place??
I hear what you say but I've been on the list for 2 or 3 years and only after a single anywhere in the ground. Not had a sniff of one so far. Not holding out too much hope in the light of this news.

Agreed, but it still covers half the debt. The only debt we would really need to “worry about” is the £200m.

To be fair it’s actually more beneficial for the sponsorship to come in on a yearly basis, for whatever version of FFP is around at the time.

Sponsorship could eventually cover the whole debt, at the moment we do not know if it's 200 million for 10 years and they'll renegotiate another deal or if successful get some company not linked to our owners to pay for it.

As long as it's sponsored for the same or more as our yearly repayment (for as long as the loan is outstanding) would be the ideal I believe. We then get the extra income from having more people in the stadium, with much more made from premium/hospitality.

You have to bear in mind with your figures that the debt will also incur interest so that initial 350/400m will probably be a hundred million more if we are spreading it out over 30-40 years.