New Everton Stadium Discussion

Goes without saying I’m made up like everyone else and it looks great!
Please excuse my ignorance but was there a desire for a slightly larger capacity?
- I’ve got a feeling that filling it will be easy and with more success on the pitch tickets will still be as hard as ever to get hold of.

They seem reasonably normal. A few are even well informed on the location/development etc.
Yes, I couldn't be offended by much of what I read there. The general vibe is reasonable. The key takeaway is that fans of rival clubs are taking note of our refound upward mobility. To be a big club, you must behave like a big club. We need a bigger stadium and we need to start to reclaim the city. This is a statement of intent. As a club, as some of the Wolves fans recognise, Everton is big - it's just that we've not lived up to our size and potential for 30 years.

It's a truly wonderful update and hopefully work can officially start sooner rather than later - even though I know a lot of work has started already!

While it will be sad to leave Goodison, the time is right. In fact, the time was right 15 years ago and the club needs this badly to compete with the best.

While I haven't trusted the club with player recruitment in recent years, I wholeheartedly trust them on this project. They absolutely smashed the planning application with unanimous council support and it flew past the government.

I'm just a bit gutted we needed to make those changes to appease those Historical England bell ends. Any chance we can roll them back?

Bring it on!

My dad has hardly missed a game in over 60 years.
World Cup games, the lot.
Only once I’ve seen him lose his bottle in my whole life and that was at Goodison.
I’ve never let him forget it either.
( when we went 2-0 down to Wimbledon ).

It’s going to be some day that last one.
All the memories of our dads, grandads etc who we’ve all gone the game with.

FFS makes me emotional now already and we’re years away yet !!
It'll be like saying goodbye to my dad again.

Gotta get the kid there a good few times so he can remember it before we all say goodbye.

Can't wait to see this start rising from the Dock. The Goodison countdown is going to be horrendous though, only 3 seasons of going there left, covid has already robbed us of the last season and a half. This taken from my seat at the last game I went to when we were robbed against Utd.
Screenshot_20210327-102926_Instagram.jpg
UTFT

Goes without saying I’m made up like everyone else and it looks great!
Please excuse my ignorance but was there a desire for a slightly larger capacity?
- I’ve got a feeling that filling it will be easy and with more success on the pitch tickets will still be as hard as ever to get hold of.

It was a compromise due to several things.

Firstly, the site had height restrictions, iirc, which compromised the size. Secondly, the economics of getting say another 8000 seats in just didnt add up, height restrictions or not.

It was a compromise due to several things.

Firstly, the site had height restrictions, iirc, which compromised the size. Secondly, the economics of getting say another 8000 seats in just didnt add up, height restrictions or not.

Wouldnt be surprised if we added an extra 1-2k seats to the overall capacity during the building process particularly if further demand is made for season tickets etc. Over the coming seasons whilst still at GP.

Speaking of Wolves, a few of their fans are also pissing the bed about this news.

I would why we're of interest to them?

Speaking of Wolves, a few of their fans are also pissing the bed about this news.

To be fair, the first reply nails it.

The rest of them don't seem to understand that they're Wolves.

It will be sad to leave Goodison Park. Part of my life is there and always will be. From being taken by my grandad as a young lad I can still remember being in awe of the shear size of the place. The buzz, the smells. The hairs on the back of my neck would stand on end as we approached. Then going with my arl fella and his mates, standing on a stool by the wall in the enclosure. Then going with my mates as I got older, then with my arl man again. It will be sad to leave but those memories will always be there. Then it will be time to make new ones.

I’m 30 next month and got my first season ticket the season we finished 4th. The David Moyes era is the earliest Everton I really remember so I’ve never really experienced us winning anything (I was only 4 or 5 when we won the cup in 95, CANT remember it at all). I had to give up the season ticket when I went to uni and only been to the odd game here and there since. I can’t imagine the emotions when we play our last game at Goodison.

My dad has had a season ticket since the late 70s and been through the glory years... hes going to be in absolute bits.

We've had some wonderful times together there. I haven't been to Goodison since before they started playing the siren before Z cars, it’s starting to feel like I need to go back ASAP and experience it again while I can.

My first son is due in June... there’s absolutely no way he’s not going to experience Goodison with his Dad and his Grandad.