Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all the people being really positive are right and we end up finishing 4th.

Couldn't be happier to be more wrong but I think our luck will run out and my guess is that half the people who think Ancelotti is pulling tactical masterstrokes wouldn't have been saying the same after the losses to Fulham and Newcastle.
I don’t think it’s lucky, we have been defending very well for weeks now, was the offside decision lucky or did our defence step up at the right time? People need to start having a little faith, these aren’t fluke results.

We're on a nice little run now, winning games and keeping clean sheets. Keep this run going and top four well achievable.
(and nice to see RS run continuing. 5 home defeats in a row on the cards tonight).

Oh you mistake me friend.

I really dont get carried away , but what I dont do is come on here moaning about us not playing great football & getting 3 pts.

Thats 9 points from 3 games , scored 4 and conceded 0.
Your right apart from the good football part we are not playing good football, there are moments but imo we still look disjointed and some players need to put more effort in. Ashley Cole mentioned it on sky and I totally agree, to stay even in the top 7 some still need to up their game a lot. But don’t get me wrong I’m over moon we are in the top 4 even though it will probably be briefly. The Chelsea game will be a good test of where we are they have improved under Tuchel, they are much better than when we played them last time. Let’s hope we put a cracking performance in and take 3 point from Stamford bridge, I don’t believe we have won there in the league since 1994 that must change.

I don’t think it’s lucky, we have been defending very well for weeks now, was the offside decision lucky or did our defence step up at the right time? People need to start having a little faith, these aren’t fluke results.

Our defence is good, we just don't really create that much.

Yesssss Everton. Didnt see the second half as was at work, didnt have a good feeling after seeing the first half. Get in lads! We keep on winning. And to think, Richarlison was being sold a month ago on here. We are progressing really well, results are there, important players are improving. We dont dominate games, which we would all like to see, but let's be honest we have dominated possession under Silva and Martinez and achieved nothing. Top 4 is on.

Glad we won that one.

We seemed comfortable without really playing well for the majority of the game.

We don't have the finesse to open up sides currently so we're getting this narrow but welcome and stressful towards the end victories.

I was concerned about the starting lineup because we seemed lightweight. I'd thought with the Southampton game onwards we'd be almost full strength but we seem as depleted as ever. I haven't had a chance to catch up fully, maybe there is an illness outbreak?

Gomes and Bernard played alright without really troubling in an attacking sense. Godfrey was great but I went with Digne as MotM. He seemed to be the most likely to create something. I mention for Pickford to for a solid performance.

3 wins and clean sheets on the run. Nice.

IMG_20210304_211242_895.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.