Homepage Article Back to basics, Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
John Howard's latest article is now online;

Good article. Well written.

I am definitely one who thinks there’s more to footy than points and trophies, and would love us to play “well” but whilst Carlo is still getting his own squad together I couldn’t care less so long as we are showing an improvement on the mess he took over AND show promise of better things to come. So for me he is succeeding and exceeding my expectations, and I fully trust we will see his teams offer plenty of stylish footy going forward but mixed with with other approaches depending on the situation (opponent/injuries/form)

even the utterly crap performances have not dented my excitement for what’s going on under Carlo

watching a performance like Monday under a previous manager generally came with that sense of dread at the mess the club was in and wondering how we get back from this. Now though....pffff....it’s just a blip on an upward trajectory, and a blip that gave us 3pts too.

He's right in that at this stage results matter over style of play however on Monday if they got a draw due to a late equalizer could you really complain or be annoyed? We were coasting through the 2nd half when most decent teams would have stuck more past them, We inadvertently put pressure on ourselves by being so lax in our play. As for how the football is under Ancelotti, It's another story for next season with hopefully a good transfer window. Overall everything is pointing to good things ahead with this team and management in place.

I doubt any style of football will please all the fans.

Personally, I'd prefer trophies rather than moral victories because of our elegant play. Happier with both but if needs must, then do it the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.