Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford will be our number 1 next year. Nobody will pay what we’d consider selling for and we’re not going to spend big on a replacement unless he’s sold. Odds are we sign Olsen for the small fee Roma want and move with that.
That’s the most likely scenario.

It’s more I don’t really think we’re after him. He falls into that Kean prodigy signing which we rarely make.
He'd be too expensive this summer as well. Stuttgart don't want to sell, the players they're more likely to lose this summer are Mangala and Gonzalez.
Re Silas, I don't think Mislintat would be tempted below the 40m Euros mark, which would make him (in of) the main signing(s) of the window for the buyer. I doubt, he'd end up being that much of a priority for Everton.

Pickford will be our number 1 next year. Nobody will pay what we’d consider selling for and we’re not going to spend big on a replacement unless he’s sold. Odds are we sign Olsen for the small fee Roma want and move with that.
There are keepers coming up
On free’s
Is it Rui? The Spanish one that’s been linked. Maybe the club see him as a better keeper than Olsen and maybe first choice in the future.

They could have bought Olsen in January,
But decided against it.

There are keepers coming up
On free’s
Is it Rui? The Spanish one that’s been linked. Maybe the club see him as a better keeper than Olsen and maybe first choice in the future.

They could have bought Olsen in January,
But decided against it.
Rui Silva, it's too late though as he has agreed to go to Betis

We need a new GK, but there are more pressing areas to fill first. If we fill them and keep Pickford next seaspn then we can target a quality keeper

We dropped pickford for many games and Olsen made just as many mistakes. Against Man Utd he was terrible.

I was not fortunate enough to witness us during the Neville Southall days but I’m sure he had an off day every now and then and went through a bad spell? Can anyone recall?

He’s had really good moments and really bad moments. Two clean sheets in a row and some good saves in the process maybe the old Pickford is back now.
This just isn't true. Olsen made fewer mistakes, and he made them against bigger, better teams than Pickford.

I agree that Pickford has shown some recent improvement, but the whole reason Olsen was recruited and subsequently played some games was because Pickford was stinking the gaff out badly. It appears that Carlo's method of bringing in someone to compete for the jersey has had the desired effect.

This just isn't true. Olsen made fewer mistakes, and he made them against bigger, better teams than Pickford.

I agree that Pickford has shown some recent improvement, but the whole reason Olsen was recruited and subsequently played some games was because Pickford was stinking the gaff out badly. It appears that Carlo's method of bringing in someone to compete for the jersey has had the desired effect.
It is true did you not see mctominays goal?

Also pickford has made big saves against spurs and Liverpool this season both top teams

I agree that it's the most likely outcome, given the need for investment in other areas of the squad and finite resources.

Spending big on goalkeepers hasn't worked out well for clubs generally in the long term. Liverpool got the Prem and CL out of it, but he's been questionable of late. Chelsea threw a bunch of money away, United got returns with de Gea that dropped off...I could go on.

Someone needs to figure out how Atletico Madrid keeps minting top class goalkeepers.

I agree that it's the most likely outcome, given the need for investment in other areas of the squad and finite resources.

Spending big on goalkeepers hasn't worked out well for clubs generally in the long term. Liverpool got the Prem and CL out of it, but he's been questionable of late. Chelsea threw a bunch of money away, United got returns with de Gea that dropped off...I could go on.

Someone needs to figure out how Atletico Madrid keeps minting top class goalkeepers.
You're crazy if you don't think Alisson and De Gea have been value for the money spent. I agree that we don't need to spend big to find quality but if the quality is there to be spent on we should do it and neither of those are cautionary tales at all.

Anyone thinking that Pickford is going to be replaced as first choice keeper for the next number of seasons is simply not dealing in reality.

He is first choice keeper for club and country and we have so many other gaps to fill that replacing Pickford is way down to list.

If we are lucky enough to qualify for Europe next season we will have to bolster the squad to deal with extra games as well as strengthen the team.

Anyone thinking that Pickford is going to be replaced as first choice keeper for the next number of seasons is simply not dealing in reality.

He is first choice keeper for club and country and we have so many other gaps to fill that replacing Pickford is way down to list.

If we are lucky enough to qualify for Europe next season we will have to bolster the squad to deal with extra games as well as strengthen the team.
We really do not have a gap bigger than GK except for RB. Our first team player at every other position is at least an average PL player.

Pulisic is overrated

Would rather take Zyech from Chelsea than this lad
Pulisic when healthy has the potential to be great and has shown that in spurts. But even the most optimistic US fan has to admit at this point that his hamstrings are a worry and are holding him back. I wouldn't read into his current lack of minutes too much simply because Tuchel is a bad tit.

Ziyech would be awesome but that’s never happening. He waited a long time to get a real shot at a top club, I believe he turned down Sevilla to stay at Ajax an additional year, so he won't be trading it in for our shade of blue.

I've said a few times the one for me off of that side is Hudson-Odoi if he becomes the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.