2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that every other Everton manager failed to win at Anfield since Smith in 1999. Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, all failed. Every name on there except Moyes failed to even beat Liverpool once and most took heavy beatings.

Ancelotti in the league played 2, unbeaten in 2, wins his first Anfield derby and rested two of his best players out the starting 11.

Different level.
Started supporting Everton when Harvey was manager and did wonder at times as to what I'd gotten myself into (learned my history eventually and have all the respect for Mr Harvey as a player). As far as managers go and as chuffed (not English, just read beano and dandy a lot as a kid) as I am that king carlo is our manager it's Moyes that I have the fondest memory of (after Smith).

Started supporting Everton when Harvey was manager and did wonder at times as to what I'd gotten myself into (learned my history eventually and have all the respect for Mr Harvey as a player). As far as managers go and as chuffed (not English, just read beano and dandy a lot as a kid) as I am that king carlo is our manager it's Moyes that I have the fondest memory of (after Smith).

I loved Moyes, in my view he saved the club in one of our most precarious moments in our history. If any of Martinez Koeman or Silva had walked through the door in 2002 I’m not sure we’d still have a club and definitely not a premier league one. He was the perfect man for that time, but i think Carlo is the perfect one for this one. It’s just a shame he didn’t pick up immediately after Martinez as I think he would have revolutionised Stones Barkley Deulofeu Lukaku and then spent Moshiri’s money far better than Koeman.

I was replying to a poster who said we only go fourth if Liverpool and Chelsea draw
I said we will go fourth if we win and be there for at least 2 hours as Chelsea and Liverpool play after us
Therefore we will be fourth if we win ,
It may be short-lived but we will go fourth with a victory

don’t we play Chelsea next week, just got to beat them and we’ll have a great shot at 4th.

I loved Moyes, in my view he saved the club in one of our most precarious moments in our history. If any of Martinez Koeman or Silva had walked through the door in 2002 I’m not sure we’d still have a club and definitely not a premier league one. He was the perfect man for that time, but i think Carlo is the perfect one for this one. It’s just a shame he didn’t pick up immediately after Martinez as I think he would have revolutionised Stones Barkley Deulofeu Lukaku and then spent Moshiri’s money far better than Koeman.
Moyes stayed on for maybe a few seasons too many but I'd really like him to do well with west ham (not as well as us though).

Last edited:
Moyes stayed on for maybe a few seasons too many but I'd really like him to do well with west ham (not as well as us though).

Perhaps so, in fairness to him though his second team with us (and best) probably peaked in 09 and was then decimated by cruciate injuries to Arteta Jags Yakubu Anichebe. We then had a horrible financial period of selling Lescott Arteta Yakubu Saha Rodwell and not really getting decent players to replace them culminating in that’s indie where we had Stracqualursi and Drenthe leading the line. If he’d gone at that point we would have been in the dump as what other manager could do anything with that lineup?

In his last few seasons he brought in Jelavic, Gibson, Naismith Mirallas, Oviedo, brought through Barkley, and bought John Stones. It was enough to turn us back into a top 7 club and hand over a decent squad to Martinez. So I never really minded the last few seasons as I thought his rebuilding job was very good to do it so quickly. By that point though I think people had had enough of us never winning at top 4 grounds or in derbies, they were silly stats in my view given what he’d done for the club but they really bothered some people in much the same way that some will never get over to us losing to Newcastle this season.

Perhaps so, in fairness to him though his second team with us (and best) probably peaked in 09 and was then decimated by cruciate injuries to Arteta Jags Yakubu Anichebe. We then had a horrible financial period of selling Lescott Arteta Yakubu Saha Rodwell and not really getting decent players to replace them culminating in that’s indie where we had Stracqualursi and Drenthe leading the line. If he’d gone at that point we would have been in the dump as what other manager could do anything with that lineup?

In his last few seasons he brought in Jelavic, Gibson, Naismith Mirallas, Oviedo, brought through Barkley, and bought John Stones. It was enough to turn us back into a top 7 club and hand over a decent squad to Martinez. So I never really minded the last few seasons as I thought his rebuilding job was very good to do it so quickly. By that point though I think people had had enough of us never winning at top 4 grounds or in derbies, they were silly stats in my view given what he’d done for the club but they really bothered some people in much the same way that some will never get over to us losing to Newcastle this season.
Not winning at Chelsea, RS, Arsenal and Utd in his entire time here was a problem and started the inferior complex that Carlo can hopefully remove.
Moyes had a glass ceiling and simply couldn’t break through. Plenty of time we played the RS and had better teams then them and still failed, even when they had 10 men they beat us 1-0. We lost them games before we even started. It wasn’t like we drew a lot of them either it was always defeats

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST BROM P/C

Injury update​

We have training in the afternoon and I cannot give the precise information about this. We are going to check the players in training. Mina, Delph and Gbamin are out for sure. The others we have to check today

Godfrey praise​

Who is not impressed with Ben Godfrey. He’s doing really well, we’re really pleased to have him. For sure, with his performances it’s normal that the manager of England has looked at him.

One game at a time​

West Bromwich seems, in the last three games, have a lot of consistency. We are focused there, We also have to be strong & motivated, The Chelsea game will come. We have not complained about the schedule. It's true there is a lot of games. It's a busy time... No complaints for this. Rotation will be important to avoid injury & keep all the players motivated

Rotation hint​

Rotation will be important to avoid injury and keep all the players motivated.

Southampton reaction​

We didn't do so well with these kinds of teams, above all at home. Away was good. We have to be worried, pay attention, because all the games are really difficult.

Players focused on what is to come​

The run at home was not good enough. But the players are really involved and focused on what we can achieve this season.
They understand it can be an important season for the future of the club and any one of us

Richarlison position change​

His position changed against Southampton. We played with a diamond in midfield & moved Dominic on the right. Richarlison plays centre-left so he's less involved defensively. He can use more his ability & quality forward

Carlo on Champions League hopes​

I forgot that there was that game & maybe Liverpool or Chelsea can be in the top four. It doesn't matter. We want to be there & to see how it feels.
Apart from this 3pts are important to stay in the fight... We want to be there until the last game
I think for every player, their ambition is to play at the top & the Champions League
is the top competition. For this reason I think the motivation of the players is really high. It's a step forward for their careers

Allan praise​

I think he was in good condition, motivated, wanted to play. We have to take care a little bit after two months out but his performance was really good, as usual. His consistency is really high and always at the top - We need to check on recovery of Allan today.

Sam Allardyce relationship​

I spent some time with him when he was at Blackburn & I was at Chelsea. He's a good guy. I respect him. He's doing a job at West Brom which is not easy but the relationship is good

Top four hopes​

We are pleased to be in the fight. The expectation is motivation. The expectation is high but that’s normal for a club with fantastic history and a club who want to be back where they were in the past, this is normal. Expectation is a good word.

12 month anniversary since Chelsea​

I think it was the worst day of my time here at Everton, that game which was not a good game and after that there was a suspension because of the pandemic. It was not a good period. After one year I can say we are different.

Carlo on Allardyce/West Brom​

West Brom in this moment is playing like Allardyce once: strong defensively, good organisation. It's not a coincidence that in the last two games they didn't concede a goal. They were lucky against Brighton but the consistency is there. They improved their squad in January transfer window. They are really effective. They’ve got more consistency and it will be more difficult to find a solution in front.

Not winning at Chelsea, RS, Arsenal and Utd in his entire time here was a problem and started the inferior complex that Carlo can hopefully remove.
Moyes had a glass ceiling and simply couldn’t break through. Plenty of time we played the RS and had better teams then them and still failed, even when they had 10 men they beat us 1-0. We lost them games before we even started. It wasn’t like we drew a lot of them either it was always defeats
Nah that’s just not true. His record wasn’t good enough against those teams, there’s no need to embellish it. Also maybe look at our record at those places before he took over before you regurgitate the lazy myth that Moyes ‘started’ that issue.

Nah that’s just not true. His record wasn’t good enough against those teams, there’s no need to embellish it. Also maybe look at our record at those places before he took over before you regurgitate the lazy myth that Moyes ‘started’ that issue.
I never said he did but what was he here 11 years? An he never really came close to it. It’s a horrendous record and hopefully Carlo will smash them this season. Not built the negative in to this club and it’s now finally going

Status
Not open for further replies.