Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were linked with both Salisu and Evans before they signed for Southampton I think. I know it's only one game but neither of them looked close to being good enough. Salisu in particular looked out if his depth.

I thought Salisu was embarassing with his play acting to minor knocks. In the run up to our goal in trying to win a free kick he goes down easily and takes out another of his players.

I wouldnt say its solely down to tactics I just dont believe that half our players have self belief going forward particularly the midfield its too safe sideways and back passing.

Look at the performances going forward at the start of the season the whole team played with confidence and it was that arrogance of "we're better than you and we're gonna show it" and thats how teams eventually become successful and win trophies.

Rome wasnt built in a day but I feel we need to get the blend right between defending and attacking.

Too many games on a knife edge for me when we should be looking at teams like injury hit Southampton in free fall coming to our ground - "your managers getting sacked after this one!" Should be the mentality of the team not giving them confidence to grow into the game.
Jesus! Everything alright at home? lol we won! Cheer up man!

Pickford
Col/Hol---Keane--Godgrey---Digne
Davies
Doucoure---Allan
James----DCL----Richarlison

or

Pickford
Davies
Doucoure------------Allan
James
DCL--Richarlison

or

Pickford
Doucoure--Allan
Iwobi----James----Richarlison
DCL

Much as I love your Colombian enthusiasm :p Do you even get sky in america?
This Colombian enthusiast gets more sky channels in America that I care to watch :p

IMG_0458.jpg

Went for Gylfi on MOTM...knew hardly anybody else would but his pass for the goal was almost a perfect replica of James' against the RS, and everyone was gushing about that. Richy still had some work to do but it was just about perfect. Broke some plays up when pressing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.