2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insofar as the last few games go I honestly never seen it coming. I was firmly on the ‘Tom isn’t good enough’ bandwagon but he’s been really improved. He looks good on the ball, holds and releases possession at the right time and he seems to have found his niche in the Allan role albeit less of a terrier and perhaps more creative. I hope he keeps improving and shows the consistency to make him a regular.
I've always thought it would be great if Tom could become an Owen Hargreaves type player. Someone who runs all day and tidy on the ball. He's probably some way off at the moment, but still.

L♡ve y♡u T♡m
I wonder if everyone who put the boot into him previously has now reconsidered so we can move forward whilst both encouraging and appreciating him, he's one of our own after all and has always given of his best. I don't think that it's any coincidence his best form has come in empty stadiums, I don't think for a minute he was able to ignore the unwarranted abuse he was getting from some quarters.
Good on Tom I hope he keeps this run of form going.

I wonder if everyone who put the boot into him previously has now reconsidered so we can move forward whilst both encouraging and appreciating him, he's one of our own after all and has always given of his best. I don't think that it's any coincidence his best form has come in empty stadiums, I don't think for a minute he was able to ignore the unwarranted abuse he was getting from some quarters.

You do know the first bad game he has, all the hate will come back.

It’s the Everton way.

I must say I always thought he was a great squad player and not a bad option to send on for last 10-20 to help shut up shop.

But now I reckon he is pushing for first 11 with all options available

The lad has always had the talent.
He just needed a run of games, a set position and a manager to show 100% faith in him to prove to the boneheads what he is.

Funnily enough most of those who shouted the loudest about him are they same clowns who wrote DCL off.

What a world we live in eh

He just needed a run of games, a set position and a manager to show 100% faith in him to prove to the boneheads what he is.

Funnily enough most of those who shouted the loudest about him are they same clowns who wrote DCL off.

I never understood the mentality of those slagging off our own players, constructive criticism yes, pure venomous at times no.

Anybody who writes off a young player cannot have their opinion taken seriously.

Players do not improve in a steady fluid motion but in fits and starts. They can appear to be brilliant, then stall, then have a great spell and then stink the place out for a while before finding form again,

Age and experience brings consistency more than anything else.

We have seen that with most players who show real promise the club tends not to let them leave until they are probably 22 or 23.

The team into which the player is introduced is also a factor. Phil Foden is a wonderful talent but it is a lot easier to show your talent playing in a City team than playing for a team struggling against relegation.... Ben Godfrey may be an example of that.

It sounds like you give all the fudge.

It is a certainly a football forum thing to write off very young footballers and make oneself look silly. Then compound it by refusing the repent

You can think what you like. I dont know you so why would i be bothered. Again you're doing it. Writing like half a dozen games improvement has completely erased his form for the best part of 18 months. Virtualy 99% of this forum would have sold him when there was speculation about a transfer to newcastle. Why? Because he was poor. His fitness was poor. His game was poor. He's clearly worked on his fitness which coincides with his game. Remember he cost us the game at leicester, why do you think he did. Because he looked shattered and that made his game and passing sloppy. And it was a regular thing. If thats changed and he has his act together he's welcome at Everton.
But like any player if they cant manage 90 minutes and that just continues then look to move them on.
Its not that hard to grasp.

Insofar as the last few games go I honestly never seen it coming. I was firmly on the ‘Tom isn’t good enough’ bandwagon but he’s been really improved. He looks good on the ball, holds and releases possession at the right time and he seems to have found his niche in the Allan role albeit less of a terrier and perhaps more creative. I hope he keeps improving and shows the consistency to make him a regular.

Same. He never looked like he had 90 minutes in him. How many times did he look fcked after 60/65 mins. Who knows. Maybe his lifestyle. But he clearly couldnt live with others over a full 90 mins. And it was costing us.
If he's got a fitness trainer now i dont know. But he looks chalk n cheese now to the player blowing out of his arse after an hour.
Anything that saves us having to dip even more into the transfer market will do for me.
But its still just 5/6 good games. Biggest issue Everton have is consistent performers.
Lets see.

He's always been brave on the ball and never hides, but maybe it's just me, but he's looked half a yard faster, the last three or four games. Would be made up if Tom makes it here, because as you can see he loves it at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.