Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any of his games, but the fan feedback is quite mixed.

He had a difficult start with the Hull? game and now this. Disaster apparently.
Not going well at all. an urn fans not impressed.

It’s hard to recover after something like that.
Sorry , are you just making this up? Branthwaite had a good start in his game against Stoke, I watched it as did others and he’s never played against Hull for Blackburn.

He's 18 FFS

I remember seeing Kevin Ratcliffe as a 21 yo and he was the definition of crap. As was Seamus Coleman at the same age against Lisbon?

One match as a teenager does not define his career

I think you're somehow ignoring all the good games he's had.
He’s played five times for them so far and kicked the head off one opponent in his first game and had a complete nightmare in one other.

I was really impressed with what I saw last year, but this loan is turning into a baptism of fire.

Their fans are turning on him and the message is send him back.

l hope it doesn’t damage his development.

He’s played five times for them so far and kicked the head off one opponent in his first game and had a complete nightmare in one other.

I was really impressed with what I saw last year, but this loan is turning into a baptism of fire.

Well he's played 8 times for them, he actually played great in the "head off" game, the team are doing poor but the fans have been positive for the most part.

Think you need to spend a little less time on Twitter.

Well he's played 8 times for them, he actually played great in the "head off" game, the team are doing poor but the fans have been positive for the most part.

Think you need to spend a little less time on Twitter.
I read the Lancashire Telegraph actually and he had a shocker, and what I do on Twitter is my own business.

Sorry , are you just making this up? Branthwaite had a good start in his game against Stoke, I watched it as did others and he’s never played against Hull for Blackburn.

Here's Tony Mowbray talking about Jarred and Harwood-Bells prior to the Watford game:

"I know Jarrad has played in the Premier League for Everton but they were never brought here to play together as centre-halves. Ayala, Williams, Lenihan, Wharton - they would all be in the equation, yet here they are and they've been thrown together because of the need to do that.
And they both performed very well.

I thought Jarrad looked like a Premier League centre-half on the pitch, in my opinion, with how fast and assured he was.
They can strike a pass whenever they want too and they're both good players.

It's just not ideal to have two 18-year-old central defenders in your defence in this league where there are wily strikers who have been around the block and they know where to put themselves and how to use their bodies."

Mowbray is an experienced manager and a former centre-half. Sounds ok to me. If he begins to struggle I'm sure he'll leave him out when his experienced players are fit.

Here's Tony Mowbray talking about Jarred and Harwood-Bells prior to the Watford game:

"I know Jarrad has played in the Premier League for Everton but they were never brought here to play together as centre-halves. Ayala, Williams, Lenihan, Wharton - they would all be in the equation, yet here they are and they've been thrown together because of the need to do that.

I thought Jarrad looked like a Premier League centre-half on the pitch, in my opinion, with how fast and assured he was.

It's just not ideal to have two 18-year-old central defenders in your defence in this league where there are wily strikers who have been around the block and they know where to put themselves and how to use their bodies."

Mowbray is an experienced manager and a former centre-half. Sounds ok to me. If he begins to struggle I'm sure he'll leave him out when his experienced players are fit.
I hope he is looked after properly. There is no doubt he is a real prospect. I know from this site how quickly and viciously fans can turn on players.
Confidence is a fickle thing. It takes time to nurture and build, but can be destroyed in an instant.
if he comes through this experience ok, he will be a stronger player.

Got MOTM the first two games. Seems like he struggled a bit yesterdsay. Overall a positive picture though.

Darragh Lenihan is a big miss for Blackburn in many ways , and for Branthwaite. In the matches where they played together they complimented each other well, and the experienced Lenihan was a big help to Branthwaite . Harwood-Bellis at 19 is a cracking talent but obviously inexperienced alongside Branthwaite, it will be interesting to see how the selection pans out when Lenihan and others return.

...I thought he might be a LB a few seasons ago but he’s a big old unit and I’d have concerns about his mobility in that position. I like him lots but I can’t see a future for him here.
Joleon Lescott says hi.

I hope he is looked after properly. There is no doubt he is a real prospect. I know from this site how quickly and viciously fans can turn on players.
Confidence is a fickle thing. It takes time to nurture and build, but can be destroyed in an instant.
if he comes through this experience ok, he will be a stronger player.
That's fair comment. But your earlier posts were basing an opinion on one game where he apparently stunk the house out.

I haven't seen a single piece of action from his loan spell, but up until the other night the impression I'd formed was that it was going rather well.

He's 18 FFS

I remember seeing Kevin Ratcliffe as a 21 yo and he was the definition of crap. As was Seamus Coleman at the same age against Lisbon?

One match as a teenager does not define his career
It’s why he’s on loan, playing for Carlisle is one thing, playing in the championship another

Status
Not open for further replies.