2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of strength in depth, centre back is easily our strongest position in the squad. There isn’t much drop off whoever is playing and each have something to bring.

I’d rather not sell any of them. We should be trying to get the other areas of the squad up to the same level. It only becomes a conversation if we need cash from player sales to finance the squad building in the weaker areas of the team.

Even then, think we’ll probably cash in on Kean this summer and should get decent coin for him. Add in some dosh from Farhad and hopefully means we can build other areas of the team keeping the centre backs we have.

In terms of strength in depth, centre back is easily our strongest position in the squad. There isn’t much drop off whoever is playing and each have something to bring.

I’d rather not sell any of them. We should be trying to get the other areas of the squad up to the same level. It only becomes a conversation if we need cash from player sales to finance the squad building in the weaker areas of the team.

Even then, think we’ll probably cash in on Kean this summer and should get decent coin for him. Add in some dosh from Farhad and hopefully means we can build other areas of the team keeping the centre backs we have.
If we have European football next year, we need four top centre halves

And just a year ago everyone was complaining about all the jokers at CB. I said it before the the midfield was 100 percent the problem. Pacy midfielders had a free run at our center backs every game. Even now we have a ways to go in that midfield but it has improved tremendously.

Agree with everyone on our center back core. Not only do we have a variety of guys (Keane/Mina grocks with ability on the ball and Godfrey/Holgate backs with pace to burn) but we have a much better manager than years past. I like our dudes in the back.

And just a year ago everyone was complaining about all the jokers at CB. I said it before the the midfield was 100 percent the problem. Pacy midfielders had a free run at our center backs every game. Even now we have a ways to go in that midfield but it has improved tremendously.

Agree with everyone on our center back core. Not only do we have a variety of guys (Keane/Mina grocks with ability on the ball and Godfrey/Holgate backs with pace to burn) but we have a much better manager than years past. I like our dudes in the back.
I don't really think that they're grocks. There's a bit more to them.

Has nobody noticed how much better Keane's passing has become? What about the goals that Mina
and Keane score? Once it was worked out that they need a low defensive line. they have been pretty good
and will be around again next year.

As others have noted, its midfield and upfront that needs attention.

My own favourite question: how does the team look with a new, top winger or player to help DCL yet still retaining James?

That's why I wish the middle finger didn't count towards a person reaction score, it makes the person contribution to the forum more important than what really is.

Just let them have the finger regardess if it will make you feel a little better, thankfully the posters you can't reason with if you don't agree with are few and far between but it is annoying if something has been removed which you've not had an opportunity to reply to though it's probably been done for the right reason if it was too derogatory or insulting.
On a personal note I like Yerry Mina, I think he's a decent player who I would love to be a little more consistent, he chips in with important goals but most of all he seems to have an infectious personality and has certainly bought into the Everton way on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.