2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is having a go at the lad for being injured. I'm personally unhappy that the club have handled this whole thing so poorly from a PR perspective. How can supporters feel connected and want to root for a player they know absolutely nothing about, the club have made zero effort over the past year or so keep him relevant in people's minds. If he's at Finch Farm busting his bum to get back would it be too hard to post a some photos? Maybe a short video? Or even something on club media like a "I can't wait to be playing" or along those lines. This is all stuff other clubs do in abundance with other injured players to endear them.

It just feels something is being deliberately kept under wraps here. If even Carlo doesn't have a rough idea then that's shocking, a manager of the team should be aware of every player's medical situation. Solskjaer said last season he had no idea where Pogba was or how close to fitness he might be, he was widely laughed at and rightly so.
This is my issue too. The club have been terrible giving any sort of a semblance of an update about this lad. We saw videos of him "training" back in October, were told in November he would be available in a months time and here we are in February with the same non-answer. 2 weeks ago Carlo said he expects him in to train with the first time in 2 weeks and, again, "he's progressing". Show SOMETHING that says "hi there, I know you have no idea who I am but I am one of the 14 £20m+ players signed by the club. I'm working to come back strong". SOMETHING along those lines instead of kicking the can down the road every other week.

And no, I don't think he's crap because he's injured. Just think there could be anything from the club about him and we get almost nothing.

No one is having a go at the lad for being injured. I'm personally unhappy that the club have handled this whole thing so poorly from a PR perspective. How can supporters feel connected and want to root for a player they know absolutely nothing about, the club have made zero effort over the past year or so keep him relevant in people's minds. If he's at Finch Farm busting his bum to get back would it be too hard to post a some photos? Maybe a short video? Or even something on club media like a "I can't wait to be playing" or along those lines. This is all stuff other clubs do in abundance with other injured players to endear them.

It just feels something is being deliberately kept under wraps here. If even Carlo doesn't have a rough idea then that's shocking, a manager of the team should be aware of every player's medical situation. Solskjaer said last season he had no idea where Pogba was or how close to fitness he might be, he was widely laughed at and rightly so.
I am sorry but it all you ,what about the lad himself ? Would he be happy with videos every week showing no or virtually no progress ? Who would that benefit ? About this every manager should have an idea that is codswallop .

He’s been 2 weeks away from returning to the squad for about 4 months.

It’s weird that people are bending over backwards to say that isn’t strange.
Because the people calling it strange aren’t showing care for the player, they think cos he’s doing work on his fitness then he should be back on the pitch

It goes far deeper than that, the club have every right to not put pressure on him by posting stuff to social media every time he even sneezes because they know the second something goes wrong the conspiracy theorists will be fighting over themselves to slate both the club and player. It’s a no win situation

He’s been 2 weeks away from returning to the squad for about 4 months.

It’s weird that people are bending over backwards to say that isn’t strange.
I for one am not saying it is strange ,of course it is not what we are used to but all these posts saying the same are pointless .As said above when he is on the team sheet that means he is ready .About the club giving information about him well the press make sure that happens don't they ? Now if you are not happy with that then it is sad because that is all we are getting ,this by the way is not happenstance it is because the club want it that way .

Carlo has stated that Gbamin is "progressing well" the last 7 times return dates have come and gone. The fact that he still doesn't know when he will be in first team training is extremely alarming. How many red flags can you ignore?
So what... if he's a write off then that's the way cookie crumbled. No point getting hung up on it. Being pissed about it won't change it. Let's just hope he gets back to his previous fitness and we see what he's made of. If not he sees out his contract and retires due to injury. Can't really tell him to beat it mid injury can we and no one is gonna buy him if an injury is that serious that he's a write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.