Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wins here and at West Brom could see us really pushing top 4. I’m back to having hope which usually doesn’t end well. And by usually I mean it never ends well. Last time we played Saints we decided for whatever reason it was smart to hit high crosses at their grock center backs for 90 mins and hardly registered a chance. Let’s not do that again. 2 up top is the way.

—————————Picks————————
————Holgate——Keane——Godfrey——
—Coleman——Doucs——Davies——Digne—
—————————James—————————
——————Dom————Rich———————

Going forward he needs to stop messing about with the back 4 and not change it unless due to injury.

Needs to play Doucoure, Allan & Davies as a midfield 3.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Davies Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Thats our best team on paper at the moment - dont want to be seeing Coleman, Slowmes or Siggurdsson forced into it.

All of those 3 are fine off the bench to see a game out when the pace of the play has died down.

Stick with that team and we'll get top 7 we cant keep tinkering all the time all it does is disrupt partnerships on the pitch and prevents chemistry from being built.
For once I agree :):)
Although I would prefer a 4-4-2 with James as a 10 as that seems to suit him better
Davies Doucoure and Allan behind afford him protection and lessen his workload ,only problem is we have no attacking threat on the right
Which highlights why we need to upgrade our right hand side in the summer
Leaving one of the midfield three out to accommodate Iwobi on the right exposes James

Final score tonight was very misleading, Southampton were all over them early on but confidence went to pieces after Leeds scored.

Cliche but first goal is huge here, get it and we'll win. If not then I sense another immensely frustrating home game.

They passed us off the park last year at Goodison and were comfortable in the reverse fixture this year so I’m not gona call it an easy 3 points. It’s one of them games were the onus will be on us to attack and we need to actually turn up at home for once against a team we are expected to beat. Confidence should be high but we need the right team selection and the right attitude, our home form has been shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.