Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickford - Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Digne - Allan, Davies, Doucoure - James, DCL, Richy.

Think that is our best team on paper at the moment. Have Davies holding and Allan and Doucoure playing in front of him and then let the front 3 do that they can do best.

Really fancy us to get a good win on Monday. Early goal, and then a couple more in the 2nd half

We now need to make beating Liverpool look at a significant change in our outlook and that means beating teams like Southampton and picking up points. A win here is essential to any European ambitions we have. I see no reason not to expect a good win.

OK.
F53D4B5A-2C0D-4419-A119-814C114C8C15.jpg

Need to smash these south coast Tory plassy kopite shithouses all over the gaff.

Can't stand Poundland Klopp, with his chirping up about sir Jordan and slaggin us off in general, but mostly for his crying like a bitch after beating that lot - make him cry again blues, humiliate them.

Carlo can do what he wants selection wise, I'm not moaning anymore - they just need to show the same discipline and effort as they did at Mordor from now until season end - please Everton, use Saturday and what it means to us all for the right reasons.

Some people don't learn do they? I just hope our players and manager have learned. We're getting the same arrogant rubbish in here that we got before the Newcastle and Fulham games about battering them or teaching them a lesson. They are a strong running team who were top of the league earlier this season, and who are capable of beating any team in the Premier League on their day. We need to start with a good attitude and try and get hold of the ball and dictate play. The first goal will be important as their confidence will be fragile. However, they just drew against Chelsea, who'd won 4 games on the bounce and were full of confidence. They are no pushovers, and we will have to fight for every ball to get a foothold in the game. They do have form for giving up if they get 2 or 3 behind, but when was the last time we went 3 goals ahead of anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.