2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems almost unplayable in a run of games, then simply not at the races in another batch of games. You can almost tell from the first 5 minutes, which one it’s to be.

His best performances seem to be running from deep at the opposing RB / right CB.
Well he was on form against your beloved rs side last night anyway. lol

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Allan Digne
James
DCL Richarlison
I’d rotate the defenders Mina could start anyway. Likewise Davies could start and rest either Allan or Doucoure. Keeps all 3 fresh.
I've been a big critic of 3 at the back for us this season, but only because our players look so uncomfortable whenever we've played it. Nobody seemed to know their role in the set up. I have no issue with the formation itself and some teams use it to great effect. As we did yesterday.

I've criticised him all season - rightly - but that's goals now against Spurs, Man City, and Liverpool. If he can finish the season on current form, we have an outside sneak at top four. If he reverts, we'll be 9th. He is that important to us. If he plays well, we get full benefit from James. A fully-firing James/Richarlison combo with DCL back in the side means we will be a danger to all.

His return to form has coincided with his move into the centre. Hope his form continues if he’s moved backed to left wing, or we could change to 2 up top, it looked good at the end against Liverpool.

I think people forget his age and that he’s years off hitting his peak.....when he does he’ll be frightening. Against City and yesterday he was tremendous.....worked his ass off, pressurised their back four constantly and finished his goal immaculately. If you look at the goals he scores he has the lot....slotting from distance, Fox in the box tap ins and rampaging headers.

In short, he’s TOP quality. Enjoy him whilst he’s ours.

Screenshot_20210222-092236~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.