2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game and I'm very pleased for him.

I thought it would've been better for him not to play. I didn't believe he had the mentality to handle it and thought the pressure would get to him.

He's suffered disgraceful abuse from RS fan's and a media witch hunt since the last Derby. I imagine they were all waiting to bask in the glory of a mistake, a justice of sorts in their twisted minds. Well it didn't come. It wasn't just his saves though, he seemed calmer and did the simple stuff simply without the extravagance he often has.

Enjoy your moment Jordan.
Nice post

Feel like I'm in a minority when I'm on here, and talking with blues.

But I like him, he's a talented keeper. If he kept his head he'd actually be really good.

Part of me thinks that keepers are never given a chance with regards to the mental aspect of the game (I understand the reasoning behind this but cba going into one)

Anyway, enough chatting the poo. I'm just proper happy for him, the nonsense since VVD went studs up has been horrific, a proper witch-hunt.

Yet, by all accounts he was superb today.
Get the Rave On Jordan Lad

hahahaha - yep masking slipped on here years before he signed for Liverpool, but yea sound

Point is JP was incredible today, but he is an awful keeper and the worst thing that could happen now is putting faith in him again, on the back of one cracker

as I said, hopefully high profile performance adds to value & helps us get rid
Couldn’t he turn it around like DCL and Davies? I hope so and I’m sure you do too.

Whatever happens with him now, he can go on knowing that he's laid Anfield ghosts well and truly to rest. Pleased for him on a human level, he will never have to hear about that Origi goal ever again because he just point to this as the perfect rebuttal.

He is the player that lot hate the most so surely he's doing something right lol.

Been a big critic lately but he stepped up today pulled some world class saves out to win that derby get that big f off monkey off our back!! Now for a trophy

1613869075081.png

Today could be the making of the lad. Think back 2 years ago and that horror gift to origi in the last minute, frankly he’s never recovered. But today of all days, with the spotlight on him and VVD sat in the stands, he gave a faultless display. He’s had to put up with a media witch-hunt and disgusting threats online, because of a poor error of judgement. However not only his saves (the one from Henderson was world class) but he was calmness personified throughout the game. Caught every cross that came his way. I still think he lacks concentration and fails to command his area at times. But today not only has he regained the confidence of some of the supporters, I dare say he’s regained the confidence of the defence.

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but since Olsen has arrived I’ve seen less histrionics and more focus and maturity from him. He seems like if there is a mistake he is putting it into the past and just getting on with the game. That sports psychologist he is meant to be seeing has helped I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.